Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • My opinion of Scotrail is about to be redefined
  • allyharp

Currently sitting at Aviemore with bike hoping to get onto the sleeper train with no bike reservation… Because I found out they were full after buying my ticket. If I don’t get on I’ll have to find a place for the night and be very late for work in London tomorrow. Wish me luck!

scotroutes

I’ve always found them to be extremely helpful with the bikes and overbooking.

matt_outandabout

Bike in the bed, you on a seat?
    Take wheels off, then it is not a bike, it is hand luggage. 😉

allyharp

Hope my experience matches yours Scotroutes. I have binbags and tools at the ready, and will deconstruct the bike if needed!

Kunstler

Good luck. I’ve always found them helpful too and never had a problem on that line. I think they’re only supposed to put two bikes on a rack but you can get three on them and I have seen this done.

scotroutes

I was on the Glasgow-Oban train when there were 8 bikes, some tag-alongs a trailer and a tandem…

geoffj

I’ve an empty caravan at Glenmore if you get really stuck.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Don’t mean to worry you but they made me saw mine in half just to ensure it couldn’t be used as a bike whilst on the train.

Then they made me burn it

br
    Free Member

Just take the wheels/bars off and bag it up beforehand.

allyharp

Well I’m on

allyharp

Well I’m on – nobody seemed to take any interest. Squeezed my bike into the cabin next to the other 3 and it’s definitely full now. All I have to do now is check that carriage doesn’t get disconnected at Edinburgh like some of them do!

geoffj

They only split on the way north – all carriages will end up at Euston.

fasthaggis

Sleep in the gaurds van with your bike.I know a very stupid person that did this when he forgot a lock and got all paranoid about it getting nicked on route. 😀

allyharp

I got told by someone who works for network rail that the platforms at Euston weren’t long enough for all the carriages so a couple get lopped off at Edinburgh. Likewise on my way up in the Fort William section we acquired 2 more, so I had to have my bike in the Inverness section originally then get up at 3:45 to move it into one of the new carriages!

matt_outandabout

Ace news 8) Sleep well..

scotroutes

If it gets lopped off, let me know and I’ll go steal rescue it for you.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘My opinion of Scotrail is about to be redefined’ is closed to new replies.