• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by PJay.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • My One Drive photo storage is full.
  • zippykona

What other online storage can I use? Tried to move it to my now useless photo bucket but failed dismally.
    Will need 5gb.
    Failing that will 5gb of photos fit on a cd and how do I do that on a mac?

leffeboy

Memory stick?

Jamie
    Free Member

If you let them compress the images, Google Photos offer unlimited uploads.

For casual use, you won’t notice the difference.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Google-Photos-High-quality-vs-Original-Whats-the-difference-and-should-you-care_id93938

Failing that will 5gb of photos fit on a cd and how do I do that on a mac?

Just get a memory stick. 16-32GB will cost you nowt.

For what it’s worth, if you’re a Mac/iPhone user, you can buy 50GB of iCloud storage to store your photos for 79p a month.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201318

mickyfinn
    Free Member

Amazon prime user? If so you get free unlimited photo storage, not just jpegs but RAW and photoshops files too I’ve got half a terabyte up there and none of it counts towards my 5gb free

mattyfez

Ever considered offline storage?
    You can buy a 2 terabyte drive for £60.

And you don’t have any t’s and c’s. Or subscription costs. Because the data is on your drive.

mattyfez

The whole cloud storage thing is BS from a home user perspective, You’re just trusting some one else with your data.

zippykona

I do have a 1 Tb back up box . How I’d get the pictures from one drive onto it I don’t know.
    I downloaded all the photos to my mac book but when I wanted to look at them it said the zip didn’t work.
    Honestly I’m **** useless with these things. I can tick a box on my phone that says upload so that’s what I do!
    Have done the google photos thing but can’t view them on my mac book. Maybe it takes a while to upload.
    Will try prime if that fails.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Office 365 personal sub is £60 a year and gets you the whole Office suite plus 1TB OneDrive. Office licence for PC/Mac plus tablet and/or phone. Or Home for £80 and get 5 user licence. Stick almost whatever you like on OneDrive, inc music and then stream it through Groove.

But for photos, Amazon as said. Not sure if they mess with the photos though, like Google does on their “unlimited” photos. Flickr is another option for I think 1TB of photo storage.

mattyfez – Member 
    The whole cloud storage thing is BS from a home user perspective, You’re just trusting some one else with your data.

Depends if you trust your own equipment, yourself and/or other household members. Plus if the house burns down, computer/disc dies, then cloud storage becomes a life saver.

Just make sure you use one that doesn’t mess with your files at least. Trust – I’d trust Microsoft more than most as they are less interested in the value of data than the services they can sell, maybe Amazon next, Flickr, Google perhaps and way down at the bottom would be Facebook.

And of course non cloud backup at home also. I have a NAS as backup and that itself has an external backup drive.

PJay
    Free Member

You can add 50mb to OneDrive for £1.99 a month (or $1.99).

What internet provider are you with? Most ISPs give some cloud storage (we’re with BT who give 500Gb through BT Cloud).

Jamie
    Free Member

OP.

Everyone has a friend who knows about this stuff. Seek them out and ask for help. As seems you need a backup system setting up, as well as a cloud option.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Transferring stuff from OneDrive on Windows at least is easy. Get the OneDrive program, let it synch and then its a simple drag and drop into wherever you want them. Easy as that. Pretty sure there will be a Mac version.

And unless you have stuff in three separate locations including one off site your data isn’t safe. Been said plenty of times.

PJay
    Free Member

The is a Mac Client for OneDrive, although I don’t know how good it is (it’s built into Windows 10).

If it works the same way on the Mac as it does on Windows the client will sync your cloud files with a OneDrive folder on your harddrive (so you can just copy the files from there).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘My One Drive photo storage is full.’ is closed to new replies.