• This topic has 27 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by tang.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • My Nike Poobah's have died :-(
  • tandemwarriors

after 14 years of sterling service the sole has split just behind the cleat slots. So come the better weather its time for some new summer footwear. I loved the ankle protection on the Poobahs and they were so comfortable. And JMC wore them 😀
    Anyone care to recommend a suitable replacement? Nothing too xc whippet, a fair bit of hike-a-bike here.

Thanks.

Rob

mrmo
    Free Member

how did you get 14 years!, mine split in the same place after a year or so as did a fair few others i seem to remember.

heihei

Yep my girlfriend (of the time) and I went thru half a dozen pairs before giving up on them!!

Onzadog
    Free Member

The other one was the nuguba wasn’t it? Best shoe I ever owned, until the sole unit broke just behind the cleat slot.

tandemwarriors

I confess that I ripped the cleat out of my first pair halfway down a decent on the Long Mynd. They were the original greeny ones and <2 years old. This second pair were the mk2 grey ones and they’ve done many hard winters, visits to the washing machine, hiked up Helvellyn twice, and generally been abused. Was quite upset when they died, like losing an old friend!

Admiralable
    Free Member
    stuey
    Free Member

<runs out to shed>
    Phew my axo boots are still intact.

tang
    Free Member

there was a pair of size 11s in the local charity shop the other day, nearly got them to pass on here as a nostalgic favour. i had a box fresh pair of nuguba in my folks loft for years, sadly they got chucked out when i was out of the country. gutted.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Send em back and complain bitterly 😉

tandemwarriors

tang, must improve your telepathy skills 😉
    Admiralable, ta, will look into them.

B@rney
    Free Member

Mine are still going very strong after 15 years…. Used only for “best” now…Awesome

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I had Ngubas & Poohbas! I’m now using Gaerne Lapo’s (or they might be Vegas) Very comfy with a Vibram sole which are very good for hike a bike. Reasonably water resistant too, you know, ‘puddle proof’

transporter13
    Free Member

condolences….hope you and those affected are coping ok :mrgreen:

Dibbs
    Free Member

My Poobahs where the comfiest MTB shoes I ever had, but as most others have said I only got about a year out of them before the sole cracked. If yours have lasted 15 years you aren’t riding anything like enough 😛

Dogsby

TW,

What size were they? I have got a feeling I have a pair of size nines somewhere in the garage. I will have a look when I get a second if they are of any use. I loved mine. I had a green and grey pair that the sole cracked on and when I replaced them I kept the new ones for best and then got used to not wearing them. I also had an older pair that I gave away recently. Glad to hear that you got 14 years out of yours.

Dogsby

tandemwarriors

Thanks for the kind offer Dogsby, but sadly I’m a big footed 10 (might actually be 10 & half) 🙁

I actually saw a pair on ebay back in the summer, am now cursing forgetting to bid.

B@rney
    Free Member

Dibbs, it was pretty evident they were pretty special and therefore became my bestest. Needless to say I’ve gone through plenty of shoes since then pal……

MrKmkII
    Free Member

how did you get 14 years? i only got 13! 😆

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I loved mine but recall the first two pairs were sent back to Nike with the cracked sole fault after about a year, then the last got 2 years and then died. Same fault. Dead comfy shoes, real shame about the soles/cleats. Anybody know where there’s some size 8s I’ll have em!

iain1775
    Free Member

yep my Poobaas still going strong, little bit tight on my feet now and look like crap but still absolutely love them
    I must have had 16 or so years out of them, the original green ones

whyter

Had a pair of the green ones, and then got a pair of the Super Poobahs which didn’t last long before the sole was wrecked, but I got a warranty replacement and they’re still going. Stiffness is comparable to a wet noodle versus my M182s and Northwaves!

Super Poobahs:

Alcopop
    Free Member

Had a pair of the super poobahs loved em got around 5 years out them sole never split but began to perish
    found them again while clearing out the garage a while back and punted them on eBay

lovewookie

Had 2 sets of poohbahs, great shoes, not great for large feet as the sole would crack.

Eventually replaced under warranty for super poobahs which I loved, until I couldn’t get the cleats out and fubared my pooh bahs……

yeah,

coat.

Hanky

I had a couple of pairs too – brilliant, my equally good blue XC Nike’s ACG with carbon soles, which must be about 2003 are just starting to come apart on the sole by the cleat…

robh

Charity shop where, I’m an 11 and used to love them.

B@rney
    Free Member

tin_pin_man – I know someone with with 8’s. Original Green ones, message me if interested, cheers

tandemwarriors

lovewookie that’s awful! Don’t slam the door on the way out 😉

tang
    Free Member

Charity shop ones gone, went back for a look.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘My Nike Poobah's have died :-(’ is closed to new replies.