Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • My new xc bike
  • forgotmename
    Free Member

I too did not mention what it cost me! but its not about cost, its about want.
    I am enjoying it v much, its encouraged me to do 75-80 miles since weds, it does ride like a light bike even tho its not. Lost almost 1 chin already. doing a big chilterns ride tomorrow, see how it is after 5or 6 hrs in tsaddle.

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

Lovely looking bike. Sod the weight, looks like it'll be fantastic fun to ride

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

i've always wanted a blast on a foes. Nice bike there.

ianpinder
    Free Member

I love it ho people who have never ridden a bike with 2:1 leverage ratio just slag of the shock and the looks without knowing what difference it makes. Njee i think your bike rides like crap, and the foes rides excellently. I have not ridden the trek but it's rubbish and I'm just going to assume you wasted loads of money on a really light skitish weak bike, so you could get your willy out on every xc bike thread. 😆 Then I'll put this smiley there so people know I'm being sarcastic

njee20
    Free Member

Actually Ian I've not commented on the ride quality of the Foes, as I'm in no position to do so, merely commented that it seems disproportionately expensive for what it is, which I stand by.

I've not called it rubbish, or said it was a waste of money either, so be a good lad, and wind your neck in 😉

ianpinder
    Free Member

Before I wind my neck in, where did I say that you said those things? 🙄

forgotmename
    Free Member

Now now lads, the bike rocks, just got back from 40 miler in chilterns, ive done about 120 miles since weds and im knackered, i put a few extra lbs in the shock, but i shouldnt have, so let it back down to 70main and 70 other, its very bumpy out there and although its new the shock has been as plush as plush thing from plushvill. njee i had an ex9 last year, nice bike to ride, unless it was bumpy, then it was as floppy as a floppy thing from you know where, so i sold it, shock blew on 1st ride too, the foes is so much more accurate at speed, im a lump and i cant fault the foes after 1st few rides, i trust it completely already, i know its not a top fuel but thats the best comparason i can comment on. Im sure you love your trek tho and i bet its great for you, but im too fat for a bike with to many linkages and bearings.
    Thanks to all for your comments, and support Ian

njee20
    Free Member

And as I've said before, as long as you like it, that's all that matters!

Perhaps one day I'll get a chance to ride one, then maybe I'll 'get it'!

oxnop
    Free Member

Just a polite observation but whenever someone mentions XC bike/race bike/light weight etc on STW there is always a certain member who gets involved and comes across like a cock.

Nice bike BTW

ianpinder
    Free Member

I've got a couple of bikes with around a 2:1 ratio, niether of them are foes, but you more then welcome to try them, though one is will be around 31lbs and the other 43 so might not be as quick up the hills.

njee20
    Free Member

To be fair, I wasn't the only one who commented on it, glad I'm noted for something though 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘My new xc bike’ is closed to new replies.