• This topic has 22 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Olly.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • My new winter bike *warning may contain irony*
  • swisstony
    Free Member

Fancied a change so swapped everything over from my Stiffee, i'm just waiting for the postman to deliver a new bearing for the chain device and i can finish it off. Oh and before you start about the steerer, the headtube is so short i'm making sure it's a keeper before i get the hacksaw out!

zaskar
    Free Member

Nice.

Just be careful with shocks-oil runs slow in cold and the seals are not so great.

But then again rigid fork in winter might batter you!

swisstony
    Free Member

ta, no my rigid days are well and truly over, in the peaks anyway.

Postie's just come and nothing from BETD which i ordered on wednesday but the fork oil from CRC which i ordered at 3pm yesterday has arrived so now i'm pee'd off as i can't finish it for the w/e. Surely it can't be that hard to post things BETD…. and breath!

nickhart
    Free Member

get your self int he car and drive over to betd it's only in stoke, you obviously have too much time on your hands as it is. i'm glad you're not going into the peaks fully rigid any more, the sheep will be happy…..

Olly
    Free Member

is that a SS?
    x (im collecting photos of summer seasons, in the interim, before mine arrives)

STATO
    Free Member

If its only the lower roller im pretty sure youll manage without it for a few rides. Very similar to mine, tho ive decided i need a bigger frame now so this is going in favour of somthing in a 20" flavour.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Don't worry about the steerer. The bike looks raaaaw.

scaredypants

where was the irony – is it because it's steel(ish) ?

wwaswas

irony = high ferous content?

thepurist

Irony – winter bike is a summer season. 🙄

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

BETD…. = waste of time and space

Aidan
    Free Member

I thought the irony was the missing chain. One less thing to wear out in winter. TBH, I'd ditch the gears too if I was going to go chainless.

swisstony
    Free Member

irony is the summer season winter bike, but i hadn't thought of the iron thing, suppose that fits too.

I've gone for a 16 as i used to have a normal 456 in 18 which was a smidge too big.

I can't test ride it for a fortnight though untill i have the stitches taken out of my knee so i keep having to go into the garage and look at it.

Also, chains on now, i pinched a roller of one of my other bikes.

scaredypants

Jeesus, I'm ashamed. where do I hand in my STW gun & badge – I didn't realise it was a summer season from the picture 😳

sorry to have bothered you all for the last few years – I'll not be back 😥

nickhart
    Free Member

scaredy pants, how very dare you think that the photos are anything but summer. summer in sheffield looks like that, as does spring and autumn. winter is a shade darker and the light only lasts for a couple of hours. it's why we're hard as and can ride anything in any weather…… so there.
    🙄

scaredypants

ah, no matey – we're at crossed purposes all over the place. I understand that Sheffield's grim; the midlands* is !

I meant I failed to recognise which frame that was, from the (still?) stw-favoured purveyor

* 😉 (Born in Middlesbrough – funny how Yorkshire's aresehole was at the top for all those years)

caledonia
    Free Member

swisstony – please can you tell me which grips those are ?

I've been trying to track down those exact ones, and I'm either missing something obvious, or I'm not looking hard enough.

Ta,

scaredypants

aren't they rogues ?

stuey
    Free Member

ODI rogues

caledonia
    Free Member

Thanx !

crispybacon
    Free Member

very nice bike swisstony I'm sure you'll have hours of fun on it when your stitches are out.

mossman_uk

Just built my inbred this week too!

Not had it's debut yet tough, so is still clean as a whistle!

Olly
    Free Member

Thats pretty much how i want mine to be Stato,
    nice tight block at the back, and saddle over the rear wheel.
    whoot.
    descender.
    except mines going to be lemon.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘My new winter bike *warning may contain irony*’ is closed to new replies.