• This topic has 64 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • My new video – Calderdale Exploration
  • snowslave

hora – where exactly is this stone booby trap?

didmatt
    Free Member

Nice vid, looks like you had some fun!

Highly envious of anyone who is getting out on the bike at the moment!

hora
    Free Member

hora – where exactly is this stone booby trap?

If you carry on straight for an extra 20-30m's the trail spits you out alongside the Fox & Goose Inn: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&gl=uk&q=the%20fox%20%26%20goose%20inn%20hebden%20bridge&cr=countryUK%7CcountryGB&oq=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

If you suddenly take a hardright though before that- its just there- under the petrified tree. Big blocks of stone set at circa 45degrees so even if there were low-hanging trees you'd have to manual then possibly bail.

I am *sure* that section is a grey area at worse and not a footpath?

If someone wanted to cause harm they really do need to get out abit more.

If it is a footpath then anyone who has ridden with me will atest to the fact that I am friendlier to walkers than I am to riders. My Mums a walker you see.

muddyfoxcourier
    Free Member

Your video absolutely sums up what real mountainbiking is all about .
    Honest .

Ace .

I need to get up there . Looks good . Being northern me'sen , ahd at fot come on one er me owd bikes , ur something . what's reckon owd lad ?

Whoa . I say . what happened there old bean ?

Eh . Tha con tek lad owt o Worsley mesnes , but tha wain't tek Worsley Mesnes arht ut lad .

Is that the Bialetti i can hear bubbling?
    Or is it babby's yed ?

Mind you , now I'm all ' cosmo ' I sound more like Paul Calf .
    How cosmo's that ?

If arsed , have a look at my ' spikeybike ' videos on that popular video hosting site . ( other video hosting sites are available ).
    1 + 2 are a bit slow burning , but 3 + 4 were a bit better .

I just strap an old mobile to the handlebars . Vintage silver , as it happens .

Anyway . yea , dead good .
    Like .

I hate the internet . I'm supposed to be washing up. This is how it starts , then later I get the " I AM GOING TO BED " routine ….

thepodge
    Free Member

looking at the OS its a footpath but it was clearly placed to cause more than just an obstruction.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=398655&Y=427350&A=Y&Z=115

dale
    Free Member

I think Hora is refering to the footpath sometimes known as Tron, someones been building 'stone' walls on the lower section for the last couple of weeks as well as putting up caustic no bike signs. Night riders watch out!

hora
    Free Member

dale, the big pieces of hairy streaks of piss IMO 😐

Dave
    Free Member

The problem seems to be certain sensitive trails getting well known and the ensuing heavy traffic getting people's backs up.

hora
    Free Member

Dave- Ive never seen another rider on any trails apart from people passing me on their way up to the Crags.

(Actually- last weekend I saw a few full-faced kids through the trees throwing stones into the river at Bluepig).

Pook/Podge – on the two occassions we were out at the weekend how many riders did you see away from the main 'drag'? (Considering Pecket is a well known and marked Bridleway).

thepodge
    Free Member

I suspect, and i could be wildly wrong (it has happened) but im guessing its a local who for years has walked their dog there of an evening and as you say had been met my increased traffic, possibly night riders with super powerful lights, and they've got a bit cheesed off.

anyway, as you can see from the vid, i survived

hora
    Free Member

I suspect, and i could be wildly wrong (it has happened) but im guessing its a local who for years has walked their dog there..

What down to that cheap looking aftermarket estate at the end of said path by any chance? yellow-stoned horrible thing.

Dave
    Free Member

what relevance does the type of housing have?

thepodge
    Free Member

could be anyone in that area

hora
    Free Member

what relevance does the type of housing have?

Maybe generalising but Calderdale has some stunning natural looking homes. I don't like the eggshell-coloured homes around the turning circle in the slightest. Sorry.

could be anyone in that area

True, however people who buy a generic new home especially with the houses in the area on offer must be narrow-minded ****

Sameway with Outlane etc- why live in a nice area and buy a awful townie-ugly-house-generic-circa 1985-Wimpey-house?

blades2000
    Free Member

Pook, I liked your video. A nice chilled ride. Looked like a lot of fun.

barney
    Free Member

True, however people who buy a generic new home especially with the houses in the area on offer must be narrow-minded ****

You, sir, are an almighty arse, and I claim my five pounds.

hora
    Free Member

barney- why live away from the urban sprawl and then buy/live in a generic box on a generic estate? Madness.

(Spend your five pound on some nice Curly Wurlys and a bottle of pop) 🙂

WackoAK
    Free Member

Ace vid, one assumes DBW has his own videos that are better then??

As for the "northern" thing, to me (north of the border) you are southern – a mistake I made recently when asking a chap if he was from down south the withering look I received when he said Manchester was priceless…

hora
    Free Member

barney- theres likely to be change though. So could I have it back? Money doesnt grow on trees.

On a general note though. Isn't it great to be a Yorkshireman? My poor fecker of son is going to be a Manc 🙁

Pook

funny tags – re: critics and trench – I've not once moaned about negative comments – just for the record.

😀

Kit
    Free Member

why live away from the urban sprawl and then buy/live in a generic box on a generic estate?

hora, some people don't want to take on the burden of an old house. When buying new or indeed 'new' you know what you're getting and in most cases you simply move your stuff in and thats it. Old places require more maintainance or work to get them to an acceptable standard. You can't blame people for wanting to live in a nice area and have the luxury of a new house.

nigew
    Free Member

The guy making the descent much more interesting actually lives in one of the OLD terrace houses across the road, so massive fail there Hora 😆

hora
    Free Member

The guy making the descent much more interesting actually lives in one of the OLD terrace houses across the road, so massive fail there Hora

So why is he that bothered?! …hang on. Its time on his hands, nothing else to do so he probably sits in a chair infront of his window waiting to see what the world is doing to him..

On those houses- I just dont like them….I went off on a tangent 🙄

nigew
    Free Member

Yep hes one of those types!
    But somebody going too fast on a bike had a near miss with a small child down there, im not sure it was his but he seems to have taken it upon himself to waste his life make it difficult to ride!

hora
    Free Member

But somebody going too fast on a bike

😆 Well we are safe in the knowledge that it couldn't have been me 😆 🙁

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘My new video – Calderdale Exploration’ is closed to new replies.