Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • My new velocipede (Contains corporate-niche content)
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

19.1lbs of corporate-niche-whoring carbon grrrravel bike. (Weighed with pedals and cages only) Only had a car park thrash so far, and am very, very, very impressed! Bolt through both ends, so the steering is incredible. Very smooth and quiet ride feel to it as well. Not fitting the mudguards yet, but it will have them for the depths of winter. Also planning on going tubeless at some point, dependent on tyre choices etc. (Probably Hope Tech XC wheels, though.)

Not even going to get to play with it this weekend, either as I’m off to Wales with a shiny new 650b Enduro Elite to demo instead! 8)

Go ahead. Do your worst, STW!

Disclaimer – Not my garden.

fadda

Weeeeeeeds!

geoffj

I Specialized bikes.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Disclaimer – Not my garden ESTATE

FTFY

MrBlond
    Free Member

Purely out of interest, what constitutes ‘incredible’ steering in a car park? 😉

cinnamon_girl

Ooooooh check you out Cap’n! 😆 Looks very nice and bet it’s very fast. Do keep this thread updated once you’ve fitted in a proper shakedown ride. 🙂

Schweiz
    Free Member

I’ve always been disappointed with car park steering on my QR bikes. The flex is unbearable on anything tighter then 30°. I reckon with bolt thru, you’ll probably be able to manage a full 180°. Don’t push it too far though – 1.5″ headtube and triple-clamp forks are needed for a full 360

Jamie
    Free Member

Is it a Diverge or a Roubaix?

I see it’s the la-dee-daa Diverge.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

A bike for riding on gravel?

wwaswas

You have to follow a grader along to ensure that you don’t encounter either pebbles or sand only genuine gravel. It’s *very* niche.

tomd
    Free Member

My scuzzy £200 commuting bike has bolted hubs and it also steers amazing in those butt clenching car park turns.

Jamie
    Free Member

To be fair, it looks more like a car park.

My scuzzy £200 commuting bike has bolted hubs and it also steers amazing in those butt clenching car park turns.

Yeah, but does it have a seatpost that looks like a duck?

Bregante

But it’ll be fantastic for collecting ones post from the end of ones driveway.

🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

But it’ll be fantastic for collecting ones post from the end of ones driveway.

The butler has never had it so good.

jaymoid

Photo not taken exactly perpendicular to the velicpede.

Car park not gnarcore enough, and contains weeds.

Nice bike though. 😀

gwaelod
    Free Member

“MrBlond – Member
    Purely out of interest, what constitutes ‘incredible’ steering in a car park? “

A stem that’s too short usually 😉

MussEd
    Free Member

For someone who, for so long, lays claims to being a guardian of STW’s aesthetic compass, you really ought to take that saddle pack off. Also amazed at gauging incredible steering prowess around a car park. Were you dodging moving vehicles?

Bike looks good though. Enjoy.

brakes
    Free Member

nice hybrid
    is that an old man’s triple on the front?

john_l
    Free Member

Yeah, I thought that looked like a triple.

Bregante

is that an old man’s triple on the front?

My mistake!

muggomagic

Shouldn’t that chain have a guard so ones cream chinos don’t get a horrid stain on them. Also I would recommend a rear tyre guard so a loosely tied cricket pullover doesn’t fall off the shoulders and get tangled.

tomd
    Free Member

the shifters look at a bit of jaunty angle. No good for getting your head down and gurning out the miles. Ah it has a triple.

aa
    Free Member

Will be interested in reading your review

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Excellent, and just as expected! This wins the thread, however;

nice hybrid

😀

In a way, it is a hybrid, I suppose. (Have a google for “caveman diverge” for someone else really ripping one!)

Not a triple, as you can see from the shadow. Bar angle is a work in progress, the hoods are an odd shape and aren’t as high as they look in the pic, but am still trying things out. Fuller review will follow.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘My new velocipede (Contains corporate-niche content)’ is closed to new replies.