Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • My new tune; 3 Minutes in the Life of a Wasp
  • guitarhero
    Free Member

Would really appreciate some feedback on my new tune. This one has been a bit harder work than the other tunes I’ve recorded recently, so it would be awesome if some people heard it 🙂
    Warning: no vocals are contained within the track 🙂

My tunes

If soundcloud doesn’t work for you, you can hear a slightly lower quality version here

Thanks for listening.

plumber
    Free Member

I like the 3 ‘verse bits, not struck on the other bits but then I don’t really listen to instrumental music anymore

that said I think you are a really great guitarist

Plum

Drac

You can play that’s fore sure but that had just too much in.

“ok lets go up the scale, now let’s go down yeah that’s good now a little bit of rift and one more time up the scale….”

iDave
    Free Member

it was 15 seconds off 3 mins? what happened to the wasp? it sounded a bit ‘eurosport’ soundtrack. good skills though.

BigJohn

I thought that was the Bee side.

guitarhero
    Free Member

Tough crowd. Thanks for listening. lol @ Eurosport, might send it over to them, cash would be handy.
    Bee side, comedy gold 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

it does sound like production music

guitarhero
    Free Member

iDave, it’s 3 wasp minutes, which are slightly shorter.
    Drac, Deadman’s Waltz might be more to your liking. Considerably less notes

BigJohn

The Deadman in question being Gary Moore? Nice homage.

guitarhero
    Free Member

Written before Gary Moore’s demise and not intended to be a homage. I’ve never really listened to much any of his stuff, so any similarity is accidental.
    The ‘Deadman’ isn’t really one person in particular, but more an expression of loss generally.

Drac

Drac, Deadman’s Waltz might be more to your liking. Considerably less notes

Not to my liking but blimey you can play.

Sounds like something that would have appeared once on Old Grey Whistle Test then faded away to obscurity.

Coming from a Focus and Curved Air fan, that’s meant as a compliment. 😉

plumber
    Free Member

It’d be interesting to see if any other of us muso type can cume up with a full intrusment tune

🙂

guitarhero
    Free Member

Cheers Graham.
    Drac, Thanks for the compliment on my playing, but I’ll not put you down for an advance copy of the album 😉
    Plumber, have a go mate. It’s an enjoyable process. I’d be keen to hear your efforts.
    Be interested in feedback on any of my other tunes as well. (braces himself)

King-ocelot
    Free Member

It reminded me of 16-bit game music, something like outrun or a simular racing game set to a beach background. Ment as a compliment 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s a bit.. Otis. And I don’t mean Redding.

Funky guitar over backing is always going to sound like that though. I don’t like Carlos Santana either 🙂

emsz
    Free Member

not my thing, but good for you for putting them out there. Rhythm change at 1.22 is a bit jarring.

guitarhero
    Free Member

This is fun, I think I prefer this to the much more favourable feedback from the muso sites.

plumber
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6J3WycwaJs[/video]

GH,

Not really got the equipment running at the moment to record anything but this is old and on you tube

from my minimalist and heavily influenced be SE7EN period

don’t really find playing guitar that interesting anymore 🙂

Plum

emsz
    Free Member

Having been very rude (sorry) I’d never have the nerve to put any of my stuff on line.

bassspine
    Free Member

guitarhero, I feel totally outclassed by proper musicians like yourself.
    But still, I try to make noises that sound like music…

cinnamon_girl

Hmmm, didn’t really do it for me I’m afraid to say. 😳

Trying to be constructive here, it sounded almost ‘programmed’. Obviously listening to something through my rubbishy PC speakers is not the ideal way but felt that I could guess what was coming next.

Actually, it was missing ‘soul’ and ‘passion’ but technically you do seem very good.

I love guitar instrumentals, Gary Moore too whom I’ve seen live a couple of times. Guitars rock. 8)

guitarhero
    Free Member

Nice one Plum, that would make an ace opener for a concept album.
    I’ve gone through phases like that re not being into it much, but I’m enjoying my guitar more now than I have in the last 15 years. Doing these tunes is a big part of that. I realise now I’m not good enough to ‘make it’, but I enjoy the music I write and record, and that’s enough. (although it’s amazing when others like it too)

bassspine, thats what it’s all about mate 🙂
    emsz, you’re forgiven 😉 If you fancy some feedback, emails in profile. I promise to be gentle 😉

guitarhero
    Free Member

Gulp, Cinnamon girl, that one cut deep. 🙁
    Not having fun anymore.
    I certainly put my heart and soul into my music.
    Suppose I asked for it

cinnamon_girl

guitarhero – I apologise but in no way did I intend to cause upset, my choice of words was obviously rubbish. 🙁

I think the backing track was too ‘programmed’ which in turn detracted from your playing. Would it be possible to somehow ‘adjust’ the backing track?

You know how some guitarists can ‘let loose’ and put in an unexpected note or riff? Hendrix for example?

Once again, I am very sorry for offence caused – there’s no way that I would deliberately do that.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I’m going to ask for bike advice on a muso forum 🙂 I think your right GH about getting diverse opinions elsewere. If I post my art on an art forum it normally boils down to technical ability were as non arty friends look at it in a different way.

I’d love to hear more of peoples music on here.

guitarhero
    Free Member

CG, drums are samples of real loops played by a real drummer, Bass is me, acoustic guitar is me. The piano IS programmed, but quantized to (attempt to) feel human.
    Through PC speakers there’s a fair bit of the backing track missing (well, there is through mine. I would never listen to music through them)
    I was upset as I felt your comment about my playing lacking soul and passion was aimed at my playing generally (an opinion I’m obviously going to disagree with). Whereas my tunes Deadman’s Waltz and Home are drawn from real emotions of loss and love ( I even left sloppy playing in the recordings as I felt it conveyed the emotion better) 3 mins, was meant to be more playful.
    I’m rambling now
    Bloody musicians and their fragile egos 😉

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘My new tune; 3 Minutes in the Life of a Wasp’ is closed to new replies.