Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • My new Sovereign
  • kudos100
    Free Member

(Excuse the shit camera phone pic)

This one is a keeper. Bit heavy, but does everything well and is so fun to ride 😀

Revs wound down to 135mm and shortish chainstays. Brilliant.

She needs a bit of tidying up, cables etc

rob-jackson
    Free Member

NEVER EVER photograph witha crud catcher on

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Your forks have too much travel, the mincetastic chain device should be reserved for xc bikes only and you should learn to ride technical stuff without the need for a dropper seatpost.

All in all it could do with some work. I think you’d be more suited to a touring bike by the looks of things!

zilog6128

Agreed! Never noticed this before – IRL they look fine but in a photo they look terrible!!

bruneep

………..and the drive 😯

kudos100
    Free Member

Do you think I really give a shit?

kudos100
    Free Member

Your forks have too much travel, the mincetastic chain device should be reserved for xc bikes only and you should learn to ride technical stuff without the need for a dropper seatpost.

All in all it could do with some work. I think you’d be more suited to a touring bike by the looks of things!

LMAO 😆 What would you recommend gramps, I’m out of touch with the tourer market these days 😛

Mantastic
    Free Member

You must give a shit as your posting pics of your bike on a forum and inviting feedback

kudos100
    Free Member

Inviting feedback? I posted it up because I like it and it is fun to ride. Couldn’t give a toss if you or anyone else doesn’t.

Oh my valve logos are not matched up and it has long cables. Boo f*cking hoo.

DTF is my hero. From bmx to tourers. I care deeply what he thinks.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Sod what everyone else thinks. Looks amazing and great fun.

Love the fork travel, dropper seatpost and chain device

Woody
    Free Member

[quote]Do you think I really give a shit? [/quote]
    😀 Top answer fella and cool bike.

kudos100
    Free Member

Most fun bike I’ve ever ridden 😀

It was a bit rubbish at 150mm so winding it in a bit made the handling better. I wasn’t convinced by the dropper to begin with, but now I’m sold. manualling and bunnyhopping everything and lots of drifting round corners 8)

Mantastic
    Free Member

Thats good that you couldn’t give a toss as fwiw I think it is shit, you are trying to turn a style of bike into something it wasn’t designed for.

Happy riding

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Poor quality photo of mine.

1×10 drivetrain works really well for me – I’ve got a full chain device on there too for rough stuff.
    I reckon 135-145mm is optimal travel for a Sov.

Yours looks a nice purposeful build – I could sort of fancy an automatic post on mine but don’t really fancy the weight penalty…

Have fun with it. Best hardtail ever fo’ sho’.

kudos100
    Free Member

Thats good that you couldn’t give a toss as fwiw I think it is shit, you are trying to turn a style of bike into something it wasn’t designed for.

Cheers for the compliment, glad you like it.

Mantastic
    Free Member

No worries

kudos100
    Free Member

Yours looks a nice purposeful build – I could sort of fancy an automatic post on mine but don’t really fancy the weight penalty..

The damm thing weighs a ton, whats a few hundred grammes!

I concur, best hardtail ever. Only one I haven’t ridden that I would like to try is the slackline. Can’t see it being better though.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Happy riding

What are you on about? Its a “do it all” hardtail frame, it’ll build up how ever you like.

I expect to see some more pictures of it in the near future, but it’ll be fitted with full mud guards and racks no doubt.

kudos100
    Free Member

I expect to see some more pictures of it in the near future, but it’ll be fitted with full mud guards and racks no doubt.

When are we going touring?

Stevelol
    Free Member

Wicked Sov! I love mine although would like to trade my 160 lyriks for some Revs/140/150 forks.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

When are we going touring?

I need to sort my bike and book some flights. Still waiting on my custom touring jerseys aswell.

messiah
    Free Member

Thank you for supplying further evidence to support my theory that tall people should not be allowed to ride bikes because they always manage to make them look sh!t.

😉

kudos100
    Free Member

Still waiting on my custom touring jerseys aswell.

I’m in.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Thank you for supplying further evidence to support my theory that tall people should not be allowed to ride bikes because they always manage to make them look shit

What are you on about? Talle people make bikes look good, its a fact.

Mbnut
    Free Member

Should have mine finished tomorrow… love Sovs

Oh ah Malia I said oh ah Malia…. those were the days

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘My new Sovereign’ is closed to new replies.