Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • My new shed.. (Bikes, car, stainless pics)
  • chopperT
    Free Member

Having finally bought our own house, I got to fit out my shed like I always wanted. It's a little bit tight for the car, but the rest is just spot on. The walls are lined with 10mm ply, bench is 2mm stainless, and lights 5x diffused twin tube fluro. Happy now.

Painting the floor, bare shell.

Same veiw, finished.

Plenty of light.

Bike rack.

Bench and boys.

That's stainless that is.

pinches
    Free Member

nice! Garage envy 🙁

ourmaninthenorth

Motorsport man in spends more on the garage than the house shocker..!!!

😉

Very nice indeed, Sir. 🙂

pinches
    Free Member

quite! i am currently rebuilding my rally car in a single garage full of gardening stuff. hard times 🙁

chopperT
    Free Member

Garden tools and woodwork (dust) are banned from this shed. They must live in the rickety shed.

pinches
    Free Member

that's what i keep telling my dad, but he won't listen!

Gary_C

Garden tools and woodwork (dust) are banned from this shed.

What about the rust flakes off the Alfa then….? 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That Alfa is lovely.
    And I have SERIOUS shed envy. That wasn't cheap was it? 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Is that a VW bus I can see through the window? It is isn't it? Mid-70s Bay?
    😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Wow that is a fantastic space, needs a sofa and Sky 😉 deeply jealous.

What do you race the Alfa in?

surfer
    Free Member

As an Alfa lover Chopper that is one nice car!!!

Great den as well.

chopperT
    Free Member

@PP, it's a T25 Westfalia, aircooled. And beleive it or not, those beautiful acres stainless owe me less than £10 (thanks to the wonders of online auctions), though as you say, quote it up and you'll be looking at the thick end of £1k.

solamanda
    Free Member

Nice, Is that a man sign on the door?

woodsman
    Free Member

If you can keep it that clean – you'll end up with OCD! 😉

chopperT
    Free Member

Well spotted solamanda, there is indeed a Man sign on the door.

Onzadog
    Free Member

That looks fantastic. Tell me more about the flooring. is that just painted or is it an expoy?

Hope you don't mind some constructive criticism but the garage door is a bit of a let down. Doesn't a setup like that deserve a Horman sectional door with remote control and no handle for scumbags to attack? Although I notice that one is powered.

hora
    Free Member

Jealous from Manchester here.. I'm abit concerned that you flaunt your child labour (to clean/service the car) openly! 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ahh, I knew it was an aircooled bus…. I used to have a '72 Danbury. Still miss it….

euanr
    Free Member

Seriously, pictures like that should be banned from the internet.

Living in a flat with a packed out spare room to house bikes and assorted stuff I have major garage jealousy going on right now. Good work!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

That's bigger than the floor plan of my house.!

hora
    Free Member

What engines in the alfa? How often do you have to strip down??

chopperT
    Free Member

Don't worry OZD, the garage door was existing, but the exterior handle is disabled, and more than the stock locks holding it down. Autolift is out too, as its not required for regular use. the floor is painted, with a 2 stage pave paint, expxy wass a bit OTT for the application.

chopperT
    Free Member

Alfa engine is a 1.7 8v boxer, on 40mm Webers. Pretty much std spec, so good for an 80hr life (like 2 seasons of racing).

Albanach
    Free Member

It's not fair…I want one 😥

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Good work fella.

smartay

"Everything that a man could want"

Did you build it yourself or in kit form, how much gardens left?

very, very jealous!!

smartay

Ps…we had alook at a G reg t25, 1.6 diesel( non turbo) but it was the storage that put us of, as the conversion was by Leisure Drive and it had ahigh roof, very practical but it would be poking up above the fence with our neighbours.
    should of bought though as it would of cost us the same as the week we had in Majorca.

swisstony
    Free Member

My garage used to look similar to that but now it's so full of crap it's difficult to tell. Mines even got an Alfa in too. I put an inspection pit in mine though, it gets quite a lot of use!

chopperT
    Free Member

The bare shed was on the property, so I only had to deal with the fit out.
    Shed is a prefab unit, on a nice slab, with a carport down the side.
    7.8m x 4m, so on an 800sqm site it's fine for garden space.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Get rid of the door sign and car and it'd be perfect 😉 . Seriously though, very very nice . . . just needs a beer fridge.

brakes
    Free Member

I shed a tear when I saw that
    hopefully a vision of the future of me*

(*the shed only though – I don't want your kids or a rusty bucket of a car 😉 )

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Nice garage! Round here it's illegal to keep sars in garages,motorbikes and bikes only.
    My garage has potential,but I'm not organised,or tidy enough. ie,I'm too lazy.

clunker

Very nice, wish I could keep my garage that tidy. I spend a day sorting ours out and my wife has a tidy up in the house and it gets filled again full of crap.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Top toy room, love it all. Im into "industrial doors" sadly. Need a good bottom seal on that garage door or as onzadog said a decent new door, not Hormann too dear get a industrial door made to fit your garage, tightly sealed all the way round, no drafts, bugulat proof and it makes it nice and quite inside. 😮

geoffj

Very nice – reminds me to sort my man cave out.

pjt201
    Free Member

just to follow the stw way of criticising things one is jealous of, you appear to have forgotten to plumb you sink in…

chopperT
    Free Member

Sink plumbing is coming, it's going to be a parts wash, with a solvent drum underneath and electric pump for the fluid. See, all thought of. 🙂

Aristotle
    Free Member

Here's what I knocked up this afternoon

I'm now wishing that I'd gone for the bigger version….

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘My new shed.. (Bikes, car, stainless pics)’ is closed to new replies.