Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • My new road bike is here and I'm very excited
  • lunge

After some fun and games with wrong spec being sent and Parcel Force being incompetent, my new road bike is here and is really is rather nice, well, I think it is anyway.

It had a quick shake down on Saturday and so far I’m very impressed, it just feels fast and seems to fit rather well too. It needs new bar tape as the supplied stuff is paper then thin, the steerer will be cut as soon as I’m 100% happy with the position and the stock tyres are appalling hence being very quickly upgraded to some beautiful Veloflex Masters.

Anyway, your thoughts on the bike, the state of my fence and how the tyre logo isn’t quite central over the valve (this has annoyed me too, it will be changed) are gratefully received.

nickc

I’m not “mad” keen on the graphics, but it looks purposeful. 8)

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Nice choice of tyre!

Good looking bike, (in a carbon black and white way), have fun.

atlaz
    Free Member

The graphics are a bit eye-watering for me too but it looks nice. That said, there seems to be a lot of visible seatpost; do you just like small frames?

stumpy01

Apart from the graphics on the wheels (look a bit shouty), I really like that.

lunge

That said, there seems to be a lot of visible seatpost; do you just like small frames?

XL/61cm frame and 6’4″, long legged me, all of my bikes look like that. It fits a treat, basically the same geometry as my old road bike which was glove like in it fit.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s Ace.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

For an XL frame that’s pretty well proportioned, partly due to the long headtube, but even so the wheels don’t look like 26″ ones as can happen.

Now you just need a slammed minus degree stem for that Adam Hansen look 😀

boblo
    Free Member

Oi Bikebouy! Why aren’t you complaining about the spacers? Tsskkkk, there’s just no consistency here… 🙂

Nice boik BTW. I like tan sidewalls, they remind me of the olden days and I still run them on my tourers 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well.. Obvs it needs slamming, as Cheffie boy says a -degree stem would compliment it no end.

Reason I said nowt is simply because you stated you’ll do that once you’ve set up your position and got used to it..

I think you know what you’re doing, no need for me to point out the obvious, obvs.. 😆

Classic Sidewalls FTW !! Obvs..

mrblobby
    Free Member

Looks nice and fast 🙂

ahwiles
    Free Member

surely there’s a logo missing from the seatstay?

boblo
    Free Member

Well obviously…. 😀

JamesD
    Free Member

Lovely! I’ve had a Sensa Giulia Di2 for just over a year now and couldn’t be happier with it…. Especially at the price!

njee20
    Free Member

Apart from the graphics on the wheels (look a bit shouty), I really like that.

+1

gatsby
    Free Member

I can’t see your bike, maybe you should open the gate! Only kidding, look good… In a big kinda way.

I nearly went for masters for the look, but ended up playing it safe with ultremo zx’s. They look great though, how do they ride?

TiRed

Nice bike, enjoy it. By contrast, my Propel was written off yesterday in a hit and run. Take care out there!

Last ride 🙁

jonba
    Free Member

Nice I like it, especially the wheels. What make are the frame and wheels?

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Nice. Got a Sensa myself, only the cheapo Romagna but it’s done me proud. I’ve been given the go ahead by her who must be obeyed to get another bike and been looking at the Giulia and/or the Calabria. Great vfm

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nice bike, enjoy it. By contrast, my Propel was written off yesterday in a hit and run. Take care out there!

Last ride

Flippin eck TiRed, just seen this. You ok? That is properly shit.

Is the broken photo of a broken propel? You replacing it with another?

Edit… Just seen the report… some people are just utter shits. Hope you make a speedy recovery and they catch the w@nker who did it.

Houns

Get rid of all the graphics and get som black walled tyres

I shall look out for you

mav12
    Free Member

where did you buy it i could do with a frame that size

nemesis
    Free Member

Looks good. It would look even better with a few logos removed though 🙂

Interesting on the proportion though – I’m slightly taller than you and judging by your saddle position, not too different body proportions but I reckon it looks fairly short. Could just be the pic of course and I guess we all have our preferences.

mrblobby
    Free Member

er than you and judging by your saddle position, not too different body proportions but I reckon it looks fairly short. Could just be the pic of course and I guess we all have our preferences.

I did think that with bb to saddle looking about the same as saddle to hoods. Must work for the OP though.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Good choice. Let us know how you get on with the wheels. Merlin doing some good deals on Supras at present.

globalti
    Free Member

You’ll love those Veloflex tyres, they really do change the feel of a bike; super smooth and comfortable and grippy way beyond your fear limit. I used to like my Pro 3s then Pro 4s but will never go back to ordinary tyres now after using Veloflex Corsas.

lunge

I think the proportions are slightly skewed on that pic actually. The bike it’s replacing looks like this and the fit and geometry are basically identical bar the stem being 3 or 4mm higher.
    ]

Actually, looking at that pic, that too looks a bit out of proportion. Anyway, it fits, it’s very comfortable and the size has been backed up by a proper bike fitter.

nemesis
    Free Member

Looking closer, It looks to me like you’re running shorter but lower than me which will go some way to evening out. Anyway, I’m sure you’ll love riding it.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘My new road bike is here and I'm very excited’ is closed to new replies.