• This topic has 19 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by U31.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • My new ride
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

Bit bored with two wheels at the moment so I have decided to buy a toy with four.

A 1965 1200 Deluxe which has been converted to 1600 and had a tickle with the lowering stick. I have a few ideas for it but at the moment I am more than happy with the way it is. There may have to be a bike clear out to fund some shiny wheels for it though.

flebby
    Free Member

Nice. Used to part own a 1970 1500cc bug in lovely bright red. Miss being a veedubber!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You’ll wake the sleeping policemen with that, for sure! Nice though.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

haha! yes, bugs are awesome! Not the later fat ones though.

Mister-P
    Free Member

It is actually pretty good over speed bumps. My old ’72 Marathon Beetle was lower and scraped on everything. Although this may go down a bit further…

timdrayton
    Free Member

I will alwayw want a carman ghia ….

Ahhhh bugjam memories ….

Mister-P
    Free Member

Evening Tim. How is that saddle working out for you?

timdrayton
    Free Member

Ah mr pearson!

Shouldve known…..

Nice beetle mate, ill mail alan hel be green, hes an audi driver now

Tbh the saddle lasted about 20 minutes then i admitted defeat, it hurt!

What was i thinking tho? i got a spevialized romin instead… It was still a bargain…

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Does it go banana’s?

Hohum
    Free Member

It is very low.

Looks cool and in very good nick as well.

I have lowered modern cars and the wheels and tyres have been pushed right out to the lip of the arch and had problems once as well, which meant having the arches rolled.

Did old cars have really high (or is it the other way around with offsets? I forget)offset wheels as standard?

Mister-P
    Free Member

The front beam has been narrowed to bring the wheels in which allows you to run them lower.

I might have to drive past Alan’s house later Tim 😉

skiboy
    Free Member

like it, needs some empi’s though,

i had a ’67 1500 20 yrs back, my parents brought a brand new ’66 1500 as there first new car when they got married, used to see it regularly in the aylesbury area but then it disappeared only to resurface on my daily ride, it now belongs to a young mk lad 😛

(it has a very distinctive no. plate)

avdave2

i had a ’67 1500

Reckoned by many to be the best they ever made I believe. I’ve a 68 1500 in my parents garage but it hasn’t moved in years. Maybe one day I’ll have the time to do something with it.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

My first car was 72 marathon, stunning motor. Drum brakes all round and 1300 cc’s. Always made me smile.

addy6402

Very nice, deja vu though as I also saw this on VZi earlier 😉

ivantate
    Free Member

Dont understand the attraction tbh but like the passion people have for them.

petrolheads unite!!!!!

Mister-P
    Free Member

I was tempted by a 67, the disc brakes were quite an attractive upgrade. But I prefered the back end of the 65.

MrNutt
    Free Member

niiiiice, what’s it look like inside?

this is the interior of my Morris, buy british n’ all that 😉

wwaswas

My wife’s beetle in ” F*ck me that’s” Pink;

U31
    Free Member

I used to smoke a ’74 Jeans meself, wish i still had it…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘My new ride’ is closed to new replies.