Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • My new motorbike :)
  • superfli
    Free Member

So, I sold my GSXR750 and DRZ400 as I didnt use the sportsbike much anymore and I wanted something that would be able to handle longer journeys than the DRZ. Got myself a BMW F800GS Trophy! Previous owner was the kind of bloke that buys all the branded bits that bolt on, my gain, I wanted the panniers at least.

Old:

New:

Certainly more practical. Very comfy, excellent mpg (approx 60), tonnes of storage space with panniers, a lot safer for my son to go pillion on and the all important ability to carry my MTB 😛

Note: I would be fitting large pieces of sponge to protect the frame+forks

I must say, its a hell of a difference going from bikes with lots of Torque or power to this. It does feel like the sort of courtesy bike you might get from a garage – not a lot of oomph and pretty soft, but it doesnt feel as half as heavy as I thought. I turned 40 in Oct, so I suppose its time to move on!

weeksy

Noooooo? Should have kept the 750 lol.

winston
    Free Member

Looks like he covered it with glue and rode througha a Touratech showroom..what is it about BMW riders?

superfli
    Free Member

Pretty much Winston! I mean he paid £600 for the front fogs!! Its got the mirrors,stand,rear brake extension, a top to the windscreen, Paid something like £2k on top of standard price lol! He had jacket and trousers too 🙂

craigxxl
    Free Member

Nice. Motorbikes aren’t all about the speed you need to be able to see the scenery on the way to your destination. Enjoy many new adventures on your new bike.

winston
    Free Member

If you want to see how far a GS800 will take you….

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699326

nickhart
    Free Member

have you ever had any issue with the law and carrying the bike like that or is it a first time for you? I want to carry mine like that but it sticks out a couple of inches either side of the panniers and I was worried the peeps in blue would frown upon it.
    My other idea which may be a goer is mounting the bike vertically as nothing overhangs the extremities of the bike then.
    congrats on the bmw by the way, I nearly went for one of those but ended up with an 1150gs which is fab for me and less vibes than the 800 demo had.

racefaceec90

So, I sold my GSXR750 and DRZ400

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

those are 2 of my dream motorbikes (along with zzr 600 😉 no chance of affording either 🙁

i hope you’re happy with yourself 😉

pjm84
    Free Member

Nice… I have a triple black 1200GSA.

chojin
    Free Member

Did you get a good price for the DRZ in the end?

Vortexracing

I have just bought this, this afternoon

weeksy

Raceface, this is my latest tool.

That’s the track weapon, this is for road.

RustySpanner

Vortex, what are your plans for that 250?
    Looks tidy.
    Original seat?
    Can looks a bit short for OE.

Street tracker?

Vortexracing

Street tracker

spot on RS

I’m stuck between that or a Café racer, with drops and seatpod.

I think the tracker may suit it more.

something like this

or these

or café style

what do you think?

racefaceec90

Raceface, this is my latest tool.

nice very nice 8)

RustySpanner

It’d make a lovely lowrider 😉

Tank’s a classic, but how low is the rear subframe?
    Will it need lifting/straightening for a tracker?

mssansserif
    Free Member

Suppose I will join in the hijack.

My latest, not been on it for ages now. Bring on the dry clean roads

Vortexracing

not sure yet, this guy built this with very little mods.

I think I’ll have to cut and add a loop at the back. I think it may need straightening as well.

cheez0
    Free Member

pictures of ‘tool’s and ‘weapon’s lol, is there a bullshit bingo for bike riders?

have fun with your new bike OP..

however, I would be a bit concerned about which bit of your mtb would end up sticking out of your guts if you came off tbh.. in the same way that I would only put soft stuff in a rucksack etc.
    I would use a car for tanking the mtb out.

RustySpanner

That’s lovely.
    Monochrome Jap caff racers are so like, late 2013.
    A bit of colour makes a nice change.

And a tracker would be much comfier for a normal sized adult.

Look forward to seeing what you do with this.

Vortexracing

I’ll keep you posted 😉

ska-49
    Free Member

Lovley bikes in this thread. Especially love the BMW. Reminds me of the Ewan Mcgregor and Charley Boorman trips.

Picked up this yesterday.

dbukdbuk
    Free Member

Mine –

I do fancy a KTM Super Duke though.

maxray
    Free Member

Had a Suzuki DR125 as my first bike, great little thing, bet the 400 is ace!

I took this off my dad’s hands a couple of weeks ago as he decided to get a Goldwing Trike :o)

Makes the best noise ever, massive fan of V Twins 😈

metalheart
    Free Member

Liking them trackers Vortex…. :mrgreen:

Still want one of them new Guzzi California Custom’s though. Vee twins are definitely my thing…

metalheart
    Free Member

What’s that max? I was out today with a mate who has a 1200 sport with noisy exhaust… Sounds wonderful!

maxray
    Free Member

It’s a Moto Guzzi Breva 750. Really easy and forgiving to ride. You are never going to “get yer knee down” on it but that isn’t really the idea with it!

metalheart
    Free Member

Nice, would make more sense than a Cali I guess….

Still, you got to have a dream, haven’t ya?

maxray
    Free Member

Very true metalheart. I dream of a Monster one day or maybe a Speed Triple 🙂

singlecrack
    Free Member

Lol ..It must be bike buying time ….I’ve just picked up a Guzzi v50 1979 vintage …prob turn it into a Street scrambler I think

maxray
    Free Member

You might find this interesting then singlecrack http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=21821.0

singlecrack
    Free Member

Ooh nice find maxray …I’ll read some of that later …thanks

onewheelgood

If we’re talking about Guzzis and nice noises…

superfli
    Free Member

If i could have kept the Gsxr and Drz, I would have, but money and space meant I had to chop 1 in, and neither was suitable on its own. Have had gsxr750’s for 10 years now, fantastic bikes, all of them. Enough grunt to stay with my mates on all tracks bar big uns like spa, yet cheaper to run and slightly less likely to destroy myself! Drz was a hoot, wheelie and sliding backends were the norm on my way back from work 🙂

singlecrack
    Free Member

Ooh ..we need to start a Guzzi thread

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Only got to wash mine today..

metalheart
    Free Member

Nice garage Daisy. What’s the rest of the gaff like, eh?

Only managed ~160 miles today. Had to give the bike a wash too, only a fairly brief shower (and fortunately we were in the cafe). What with it being spring time the fermers have been oot’n’aboot trailing muck over the roads. A it clarted in places. Bloody peasants!

Kiril
    Free Member

Lafranconi’s…….lovely sound!

failedengineer

My latest with a few mods. I’ve decided not to spend any more money on it for a while. Well, a month or so….

Toasty

I did my CBT and picked up a little chinese supermoto for some fun 6 months ago. Recently also bought a Honda Varadero XL125V8 for slightly more reliable, solid feeling, zooming around.

The local bike teacher’s Yamaha XJ6s and my 6’6″ frame didn’t agree. Apparently my only solution is to buy a bike to learn on, any suggestions? I’d love an F800GS, but fear the low speed test bits on it! In other news, the new licence setup is bollocks! 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘My new motorbike :)’ is closed to new replies.