Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • My new Hope Pro II SP Hoops on Stan ZTR 355
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Not wanting to show off 🙂 – doubled up my wheelsets today for XC over FR/Trails with my DT 5.1D on Std Pro II's (Self built from older damaged wheelset 🙂 )

Pro II Straight Pull hubs, Stans ZTR 355 Rims (I weight about 75 Kg 😉 ), Non-Floating 203mm Rotors (overkill 🙂 ) and Sram pg990 11-34 cassette (bargin from CRC at the mo). Can't wait to zip along with these – not drop off friendly but wanted them fro enduro XC rides etc…

cynic-al
    Free Member

AWESUMS111

trail_rat
    Free Member

lol retard rotors

other than that nice – i have xc sp3s on my bike – lovely wheels

njee20
    Free Member

Light-ish rims with 203mm rotors?

Slight conflict there!

mboy
    Free Member

You're not wrong about 203's being overkill for XC at your weight on thos wheels!!!

Still, at least you know you'll stop ok…

njee20
    Free Member

And if you ever buckle the rim, just ride on the rotor.

wwaswas

MBUK flip flops! Hang your head in shame…

foxyrider
    Free Member

Well my other wheels are 203 rotors for FR/Trails on 5.1D so therefore I need 203mm rotors for these wheels 🙂 I am not sure putting 180 rotors on these would work with 203 mm adapters 😉 I do have 160/180 on my HT BTW 😉

BTW my main reason was to be able to swap wheelset for different riding – I have minions and Highrollers on my 5.1D wheelset which are great but heavy and draggy for long days on Dartmoor and Enduro events and thus these with XC tyres on will be a great on lengthy XC rides 🙂

I hope I have defended these wheels admirably!!!!

si-wilson
    Free Member

What is the weight saving over the 5.1/standard Pro2's?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Useless thread without relative weights for both.

😉

foxyrider
    Free Member

quote a lot:

STANS 355 with Pro II SP
    Front: 740
    Rear: 863

DT Swiss 5.1D with Pro II Std
    Front: 912
    Rear: 1022

Anyway I am not trying to justify the difference but overall I wanted a spare wheelset to swap out with XC tyres on and therefore no point going for a FR wheelset which is the same weight as my current ones 😉

Hope PDF link for Pro II, SP and ProII setups 🙂

Linky

ScottChegg
    Free Member

That's a fair weight saving. Are you going tubeless?

foxyrider
    Free Member

I am tubeless on the 5.1D set but have not ordered rim strips for the 355's yet (Stans on the 5.1D's). When I have some more money (was a recent small windfall) I think I will do as my XC tyres are fine tubeless as have used them on the 5.1D's 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘My new Hope Pro II SP Hoops on Stan ZTR 355’ is closed to new replies.