Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • My new headtube badge……… nearly ready
  • amplebrew

JonT – Member
    V nice, it's grown on me since seeing this thread this morning. The cost actually increases it's desirability. It's some serious hand made jewellery for your bike and passion, I get it

As for affixing, and decent epoxy (2 part epoxy, i.e. Araldite) will be sufficient. The key is good preparation of the surfaces to be bonded. Do not shy away from this.

Properly de-grease the surfaces, abrade them, clean and and de-grease them again. Then epoxy and you'll be right as rain.

Thanks for the heads up on this Jon, I want to make sure that I get it right.

It'll hopefully be arriving in the next 10 to 14 days depending on the post from America 🙂

Macavity
    Free Member
    AlexSimon

Very nice – it's the painted sections that elevate it for me. I think I paid roughly £100 for having the sterling silver Independent Fabrication badge, and I don't regret it at all.
    Hope the gluing goes to plan.
    Enjoy!

ken_shields
    Free Member

I used the double sided rear view mirror pads from Halfrauds and have had no problems with them coming off.

A phrase involving poo and blankets springs to mind 😯

nunuboogie
    Free Member

my rocklobster head badge also from geoff.

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

I must say I wasn't too impressed with jen's site when I first saw it posted a week or so ago, but that litespeed badge looks very well done

amplebrew

Macavity – Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrzY3bfznyc
    about 2 minutes in.

I suppose putting my own face on it would have scared off and thieves 🙂 lol

Shame they didn't show the finished badge to see the likeness though.

AlexSimon – Member
    Very nice – it's the painted sections that elevate it for me. I think I paid roughly £100 for having the sterling silver Independent Fabrication badge, and I don't regret it at all.
    Hope the gluing goes to plan.
    Enjoy!

Alex, I am right in thinking that the IF badges are bolted on?

ken_shields – Member
    I used the double sided rear view mirror pads from Halfrauds and have had no problems with them coming off.

A phrase involving poo and blankets springs to mind

Someone else had mentioned to me about 3M sticky pads. Once the badge turns up, I'll give Jen a shout and see what she thinks. It was getting sent out yesterday from USA, so hopefully it should arrive in 7 – 10 days 🙂

adeward
    Free Member

here is a temp one until i can make it in pewter

oldgit
    Free Member

Still my favorite, got it all Italian colours, stars for the Brooklyn connection and the Olympic rings. I've taken it off as it needs some TLC and I can't decide if to do it myself?

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘My new headtube badge……… nearly ready’ is closed to new replies.