Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • My New Form Of Transport
  • dandan
    Free Member

I finally sold the car and bought myself a commuting bike (saves using a full susser!)

I have never thought much about carreras in the past, I was looking for a hybrid bike for around £500, but when I seen this for £199 on the halfords website I had to buy it, even thoigh it is a carrera! 🙂

I took it to my LBS to have it assembled properly, I also bought some mud guards, bar ends and a half decent lock. I am well impressed with this bike, its my firs single speed and boy does it fly!

what do you think?

jackthedog
    Free Member

I like 🙂

£200 quid too, nicely.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Are you expecting comments on aesthetics, or just on value for money? 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

that looks superb value for money.

the abomination that it looks like up the front end however,,,,, 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

you need some of these:

and one of these:

GaryLake
    Free Member

Pretty tidy for £200 by the looks of it!

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i thought this looked great when i went in halfords too!

Not sure about panniers on a singlespeed. I've got that setup at the moment, and in all honesty, it doesn't really work. Soon as you get out of the saddle they start trying to swing about and unbalance the bike. Useful for popping in the supermarket though.

theflatboy
    Free Member

don't necessarily need panniers, but a rack's a must for a town errand bike i reckon. crates of stella, shopping, tents, people have all been on the rack on mine.

dandan
    Free Member

thanks for the comments chaps, I tend to put all my gear in a rucsack but panniers might be what i need for work, uniform, boots, equipment and packed lunch wont all fit in one bag!

sorry mate but I didnt understand this comment… the abomination that it looks like up the front end however,, ??? 🙂

And yes value for money is what impressed me, it looking nice is just a bonus, this is just a tool to get me to work/the gym/vist family etc.. maybe the odd trip to the pub! 🙂

nicko74

You went to the LBS to have it assembled properly – I hope you asked for your money back when you saw they'd left bar-ends on the risers?
    😉

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Bargin!

Nice one.

dandan
    Free Member

nicko I purchased them barends, they are very comfortable 🙂

are they not ment to be there?

ourmaninthenorth

dandan – ignore the naysayers about no barends on risers. They read too much MBR.

Looks great VFM and perfect for the task in hand. Good show!

timdrayton
    Free Member

dont you listen to them dandan

them barends may make it look like a furtive jack russel but they are brilliant

(carbon ones are in at my lbs…….must resist)

dandan
    Free Member

lol they are brilliant mate, they fit in your hand perfectly

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Great VFH.

The mudguards look nice on it and even that funny curvey bit near the seatpost looks cool.

But I dont think there much better way to describe the cockpit as than an abomination.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘My New Form Of Transport’ is closed to new replies.