Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • My new favourite site
  • RealMan
    Free Member

http://slamthatstem.com/

http://slamthatstem.com/post/2754645700/oh-god

Seriously? Wtf?? What is that in the middle? A steerer extension??

EMILY [Batty] WE SHOULD HANG OUT. Unless you don’t want to. You know. Whatever.

😀

Liftman

“This bike made me have a pleasure explosion in my pants”

Kind of says it all 🙄

RealMan
    Free Member

It is very nice, except for that bar tape.

wwaswas

interestingly (possibly), Trek won’t honour the warranty on their carbon steerer forks unless they are run with a 5mm spacer above the stem.

finbar
    Free Member

Great site. I had a funny argument on a popular UK triathlon forum about stem slamming. Most of them are under the misapprehension you *need* spacers on your steerer 🙄 😆

EDIT: ^ Okay, maybe you do need them, but it doesn’t look very PRO.

finbar
    Free Member

Oggles
    Free Member

interestingly (possibly), Trek won’t honour the warranty on their carbon steerer forks unless they are run with a 5mm spacer above the stem.

They are just punishing those who do not obey THE RULES. (#45)

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

Gash site

swavis

Gash site

+1

RealMan
    Free Member

nixon are you the owner of the messed up colnago then? 😉

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

No. But mine’s identical except the water bottle points towards me, for easier sucking

RealMan
    Free Member

😆

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Some of those bikes look terrible. Most of the rest look REALLY terrible.

M6TTF
    Free Member

ruinthefitofyourbike.com?

neil853
    Free Member

gash site +1

foxyrider
    Free Member

shocking!

finbar
    Free Member

Lol at the “Forks now worthless” tag. Typical STW attitude – the primary criteria when setting a bike up is maximise its value when you sell it again two months later…

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

More fashion bolleaux then 😐

RealMan
    Free Member

Lol at the “Forks now worthless” tag. Typical STW attitude – the primary criteria when setting a bike up is maximise its value when you sell it again two months later…

Lol. Only just noticed the tags 😀

But, **** you, do you really want to sell your prized bike to a clown who won’t slam? You might want to make the choice for them.

I’m off for a quick ride.

finbar
    Free Member

I might join you

derp
    Free Member

Gash site

False advertising.

thomthumb
    Free Member

don’t forget THE jersey. 😉

DenDennis
    Free Member

better SLAM that stem first- steerer could do with chopping down a touch 😯

7hz
    Free Member

£*%^ stems, I want to slam THIS:

Kato

Emily Batty pics are getting wheeled out at every opportunity at the moment!

7hz
    Free Member

Sorry, it’s hormonal. Middle age twitch.

GW
    Free Member

‘kin roadies 🙄

how about Slam that crown?

RealMan
    Free Member

how about Slam that crown?

Not got the same ring to it, but I still like.

better SLAM that stem first- steerer could do with chopping down a touch

That stem is slammed, how dare you. And nothing wrong with a 5mm spacer up top, in fact the rules state that’s how things must be done.

don’t forget THE jersey.

Ah, sorry, just standard kit today. Don’t think I’ve even got THE jersey here, think I left it at home. I really need to take it on a STW ride, imagine the outrage.

Emily Batty is married I think, and to someone who is probably a better rider then all of us 🙁

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

Emily Batty Married !!?

Goddamn it, some cat got the cream already.

oldgit
    Free Member

A few peeps recommend a 5mm spacer above the stem when using a bung. I also thought 25/30mm was the max you should use on a road bike?

RealMan
    Free Member
    epicyclo

I know why roadies like to slam their stems.

It’s to get their head to the perfect height for sniffing the bum of the guy in front.

It’s a little known fact that the word peleton is actually the collective noun for a group of bum sniffers.

🙂

DezB
    Free Member

I want to slam THIS:

Verrrry dodgy ground there…

Oggles
    Free Member

Here you go

http://www.facebook.com/adam.morkaYep, cos that’s not stalkerish in the slightest…
    also:

Emily Batty is married I think, and to someone who is probably a better rider then all of us

scottidog
    Free Member

Where can I get a copy of the rules please?

wwaswas
    RealMan
    Free Member

These rules are also worth a look, although they are far more advanced, and quite a lot harder to follow.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2258201150&v=info

18. Handlebar tape is required to be cork as well as WHITE IN COLOUR. Bar tape shall be kept in pristine white condition. This state shall be achieved either through daily cleansing or through frequent replacement. These jobs must NEVER be performed by the cyclist as one must maintain one’s image.

47. If one feels the urge to relieve oneself during a race, one shall gracefully meander to the back of the pack, seat oneself sideways on the saddle, and pee into the sunflowers. It is the DUTY of the Euro Cyclist to ensure that no camera crew catches the act, for it could be severely detrimental to one’s image. Under no circumstances shall one dismount from his bike in order to urinate.

wwaswas

I thought there was an exception to rule 47 for the Cuban team which allowed them to ‘stand up on the pedals, wee and then sit down’ and thus avoided any need to roll down short tops or up short legs (depending on, errm, stature) to allow relatively mess free widdling.

DenDennis
    Free Member

That stem is slammed, how dare you. And nothing wrong with a 5mm spacer up top, in fact the rules state that’s how things must be done.

thats a 5mm spacer? you sure? OH yeah this is STW after all!

anyway, all my stems are slammed, but have 1 or 2 spacers.
    I think the overall concept is called ‘buying the correct sized frame’ 😀

ourmaninthenorth

I’m more amused that Realman is delivering bike fit opinions based on a “pro” look when he rides a bike branded “sportive”.

That’s a FAIL, sonny.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘My new favourite site’ is closed to new replies.