Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • My new Enduro race bike
  • getonyourbike
    Free Member

Thanks to my Sponsors; team and my own, this is ready in time for Round 2 of the UKGE at Innerleithen this weekend. 😀

I’ve had custom geometry on this- a 65.5 degree head angle, XL seat tube length and the perfect top tube length for me. Anybody can get this on an MDE frame if you ask the UK distributor, http://www.sps-distribution.co.uk

Yes, the grass is a mess. The valves and tyre logos have been lined up but I didn’t set my cranks level. I know, I’m beating myself already. 😆

JCL
    Free Member

Big frames with 26″ wheels look bizarre to me these days.

Good kit on it though.

Steve77
    Free Member

Wow, how tall are you?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Steve77 – Member
    Wow, how tall are you?

About 6ft- 6ft 1″ but I’m lanky and it’s all in my legs.

passtherizla
    Free Member

that looks ace.

hora
    Free Member

People still ride 26? Doddy told me to ride the latest wheelsize marketed.

Rickos
    Free Member

Go on then, what’s the cost of a custom geo frame?

billytinkle
    Free Member

What front guard is that?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Rickos – Member
    Go on then, what’s the cost of a custom geo frame?

A standard frame is £1690. A head angle tweak is about £100 extra and then more tweaks might add about £300 to the overall price, but don’t quote me on this. Steve Parr from SPS Distribution (website is ^^^) is the man you need to speak to.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

billytinkle – Member
    What front guard is that?

That’s a Rockguardz Carbon Mudguard, in the medium length.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Extreme-BikeSportZ/MUD-GUARDZ-/_i.html?_fsub=4459411011&_sid=145526611&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

grum
    Free Member

Looks ace. Saddle seems very high though.

kayak23

Your Canadian has some mild oil-canning, bike looks nice, although yeah, it does look kinda small with the seat out so.
    Good luck in the race.

carlphillips
    Free Member

nice bike

i nearly barfed when i saw the goatboat though!

AlexSimon

Are BOS one of the sponsors, or is that personal choice?

eightyeight
    Free Member

Lovely stuff.

Out of interest, what’s the chain guide?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

The BOS suspension is personal preference.

The chain device is a Shaman Racing Drako.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nice, though the curve in the down tube looks a bit accidental. Almost like the designer wasn’t sure whether to go curved or straight and sort of ended up with something in between.

kayak23

Oh, you mean the type of craft that were surfing waves loooong before board surfers?
    Just sayin’
    😉

Yeah, nice bike.

robbonzo
    Free Member

Looks nice, what you growing in the tubs?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

robbonzo – Member
    Looks nice, what you growing in the tubs?

Grass. Yes, honestly.

br
    Free Member

Good to see that other folk are buying the right-sized frames for themselves too.

Long-legs = (x)large frames

Saddle angle will fail once the UCI get involved 🙂

getonyourbike
    Free Member

b r – Member
    Good to see that other folk are buying the right-sized frames for themselves too.

Long-legs = (x)large frames

Saddle angle will fail once the UCI get involvedHave you got abnormally long legs too then? It’s a bit funny that other people still I think I’ve got the wrong sized frame just because of the saddle height. That’s an XL seat tube length; they even had to put an extra brace in at the top tube/seat tube join because of the length of it! But then I’ve got a top tube that’s 10mm shorter than the standard XL so that the reach will be right for me with a 50mm stem. It is pretty cool to have your geometry, and pretty important if you’re proportioned strangely, like me.

I need to run that saddle angle or something close to it because of the saddle-bar drop. It looks stupid, though.

I warbled on a bit, didn’t I? 😆

patriotpro
    Free Member

I don’t like the looks but good on you for gaining sponsorship and good luck.

chakaping
    Free Member

Sweet ride.

Does it really say “hunksystem” on the seatstay though?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

chakaping – Member
    Sweet ride.

Does it really say “hunksystem” on the seatstay though?That’s the second person to mention that! It actually says ‘I-Link System’ 😆

Stevelol
    Free Member

You should definitely get a new decal made saying ‘hunk system’.

Lovely bike, I keep looking at the MDE site every now and then.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

kayak23 – Member

[quote]Oh, you mean the type of craft that were surfing waves loooong before board surfers?
    Just sayin’[/quote]The wave ski is good fun, but I must admit that I prefer surfing. Horses for courses.

Northwind

Looks fast… Curves are a bit weird! Interested to see how the mudguard deals with proper innerleithen enduro filf.

DanW
    Free Member

Saddle to bar drop to make even the roadiest roadie proud!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ve now raced the UK Gravity Enduro at Innerleithen (the perfect test spot for it) and it’s great. The head angle and general wheel base length took a bit of getting used to through tight corners but feels great now I’m riding over the front end a bit more. It comes into to its own as soon as the trails trail get steep, fast, technical or all 3. Love it.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘My new Enduro race bike’ is closed to new replies.