Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • My new downhill bike
  • dans160
    Free Member

I bought the frame, post, brakes, chain device, wheels and forks 2nd hand and then used parts I already had and bought some new bits. It’s very, very fast and gives you loads of confidence. It jumps so well, very stable and loads of fun.

flow
    Free Member

Nice, where do you ride?

dans160
    Free Member

There’s a ‘hidden’ area near Brentwood in Essex. Lots of short technical runs and some faster bigger runs with some decent sized jumps. Nothing more than about 50seconds from start to finish. Loads of fun and ideal to practice on.

alpin
    Free Member

nice bike….

not the Gap?

was over there a few months ago and found some tracks with a few wooden sections. much of it fallen into disrepair, though.

dans160
    Free Member

Yes, the Gap. A lot has happened in the last couple of months. Some of the wooded sections have been re-built and many of the tracks on the side immediately to the right of the karting track have been cleaned up. People have been busy. It’s getting popular, again.

flow
    Free Member

A DH bike in Essex.

Over biked on another level.

dans160
    Free Member

Yeah, but it’s fun.

wilsonthecat
    Free Member

Flow, it must be very painful carrying that oversized chip on your shoulder.

Nice bike BTW.

toons
    Free Member

Quality bike

neil853
    Free Member

lovely

rocketman
    Free Member

would like a go on that

chakaping
    Free Member

Sweet ride!

I finished building this and took it over Aston for it’s debut run last weds…

My first proper DH bike, blown away by how good it is.

kaesae
    Free Member

Nice intense the Trek bikes are awsome, I’m hoping to get an Iron horse Sunday to play about on soon.

😀

ratswithwings
    Free Member

Here’s my DH bike I’m gonna work on. A Dirtworks Monster. Just need to get a new saddle for it and replace the old rock shox with some second hand marz 888’s when I can afford them.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

flow – Member
    A DH bike in Essex.

Over biked on another level.

Utter bobbins. Height has nothing to do with DH. Ask Jedi why he was riding a spesh demo in Hertfordsire, or why one of the best DH shops in the south is in Dorset.

dans160
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments folks, Treks look lovely and that Dirtworks does look cool.

My other bike copes more than well enough with what I ride at the ‘Gap’ but this is way more stable and once up to speed you don’t really have to slow down as much. It was suprisingly nimble even running a 63.5HA. I could take back to 64 and see if it makes any difference. Still loads to do on the suspension set up though.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘My new downhill bike’ is closed to new replies.