Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • my new dandyhorse
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

I’m a little lost on how it can jump and corner well.

Slowrider (irony?) already alluded to what makes the bike good in the air, but just to add my two penneth.

Part of it will be down to how the suspension works, i.e. how it absorbs, stores and then releases energy. I couldn’t tell you the physics but some bikes just seem to ‘suck up the ground’ whereas other will literally pop and skip off the slightest ripple.

Another part is down to the balance point of the bike. This is where technique really plays a part but some bikes are easier to balance in the air than others. You want to be able to control your trajectory, so you need your weight in the right place. Some bikes are really hard to find the point where you’re perfectly balanced.

Slowrider are you coming on the peak’s pootle next week? Have a feeling we might be able to have some fun (in a non-Dave kind of way!)

slowrider
    Free Member

im not sure what a dave kind of way is lol

not sure about the pootle yet, got half a plan to go to snowdon, possibly carting, possibly pootling. decisions arent my strong point…

geetee1972
    Free Member

It was a reference to the ‘Dave Bromance’ thread I found myself mired in recently.

slowrider
    Free Member

lol, sounds like the pootle could be interesting then!

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘my new dandyhorse’ is closed to new replies.