Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • My new coffee machine just arrived
  • fodmtbguides
    Free Member

Maybe, but there out of stock, so must be a lot of ponces out there, looks like you can get a decent solid one for under £20

montylikesbeer
    Scapegoat

I have the De Longhi 15bar espresso machine. Great after a few failed attempts!

Common errors from “Barrista Virgins” are, not enough coffee, too much water, not enough tamp.

The De Longhi has a fantastic frother, but needs a good scoop and a half, and a tight tamp to dispense half an espresso cupful ( a double)

I normally use Lavazza Qualita Rossa, ready ground, but having treated myself to some freshly ground Taylors Italian Espresso and a small bag of Java Jampit, I’m in the market for a grinder.

Can anyone tell me why I need to spend more than £35-£40 on a Krups/Delonghi/Cuisinart type burr grinder?

Sandwich

Advice I was given enough coffee in the portafilter such that a curved finger will level it off with the top of the filter. Then apply the tamper. There should now be just enough clearance between coffee and spray head to produce a crema.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ok as the non coffee drinking coffee maker of the house it took a little time to master it.

Good coffee freshly ground
    Make sure everything is hot including the cup
    Plenty of it in the filter
    Plenty of pressure
    Hit the go button.
    For latte etc once the milking right pour down the side of the cup.

Have a look online for some videos

MrSmith
    Free Member

Your gaggia may come with a ‘perfect crema device’ which is basically a shite coffee forced crema basket which should be thrown in the bin and a normal double basket purchased (if it doesn’t come with one already)

May be worth keeping it if you are only going to use stale poor quality pre-ground coffee from supermarkets or anything that has a use by date (it’s already stale) instead of a roasting date ( it’s likely to be fresh)

bruneep

Gave up with all that faff and got a bean to cup machine

montylikesbeer

That’s a tidy b to c machine

druidh
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    I just use the plastic tamper that came with my machine. It’s all about the pressure you apply Shirley.

Don’t go bringing science into this!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

🙂

K,soz dude.

TooTall
    Free Member

I just use the plastic tamper that came with my machine. It’s all about the pressure you apply Shirley.

If you believe that riding bikes is about riding and U R RIDIN A SARASIN it is.

Can anyone tell me why I need to spend more than £35-£40 on a Krups/Delonghi/Cuisinart type burr grinder?

because, in my experience, the Krups is pish and will die on you before you get £1 worth of use from it.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘My new coffee machine just arrived’ is closed to new replies.