Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • My new chumba vf2
  • tony24
    Free Member

Done 2 rides now and its brill 🙂 feels so diffirent after being on a hardtail for a year and a bit. I really enjoyed the ride at the weekend had no problems climbing which i was happy about. The new xt 2012 stuff is brilliant to i am really enjoying the double crank set up the front mech shifting is the best i have ever used with no delay or rubbing. unsure if i should throw a spacer in the forks to reduce them to 130-140 but afew more rides will make my mind up. Its also my first go with tubeless and happy to say i am a convert cannot wait to take it to scotland …

Pic

Spec is:
    Chumba vf2
    Thomson seatpost. And stem
    Easton ec70 monkeylight bars
    150 rockshox revelations
    Shimano xt 2012 crank, brakes, etc
    Gobi xm saddle
    Hope pro evo on stans crest with continental x king tubeless

rob-jackson
    Free Member

like a lot

steve_b77
    Free Member

It looks massive, how tall are you?

And how do you light all the tea light candles jumbled into the glass on the shelf?

tony24
    Free Member

I am 5ft 10 with fairly long legs. Its only a medium frame its looks big in person to but once i am on it it feels alot more compact than my carbon 456.

The stash of candles was from a recent power cut we had so the all got thrown in the 1 glass. 🙂

hambl90
    Free Member

Very nice

stevied
    Free Member

Hi mate
    Lovely looking bike. I’m looking at a VF2 at the mo to replace my 456C as it feels little small for me. I was thinking that the Large might be better for me as I’m 6′ tall. Would you say it feels much more compact than the 456? I don’t want to bite the bullet to find it’s too small.
    Cheers

tony24
    Free Member

I put a 90mm stem on my medium which gave it near enough same top tube length as the carbon 456 if you feel your medium 456 is to small i would go for a large in the vf2.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Lovely looking bike.

Stevied, I’d echo tony’s comments and suggest a large, I had a small and really wished I’d got a medium.

the_lecht_rocks

loved mine a lot – great riding bike.

are chumba still in business though ???????????

1981miked
    Free Member

Great looking bike.. I really wanted one of these last year but lack of reviews put me off.. So bought a Cotic Soul instead. Which is muchos awesomeness!!

What weight is your Chumba?

tony24
    Free Member

My chumba is at 26.7 and thats no where near the lightest build you could do. As far as i know chumba are still going but there uk support is terrible constant emails etc to them have resulted in me getting no where. I was promised stuff by the uk supplier who i wont slag off as he did do me a good deal on the frame but as far as any warranty go’s i would not count on it. I sourced my own bearings for the bottom as they wore out and the bearings are pretty standard easy to get hold of yourself which is a good thing. My frame was put together by some complete idiot though who used 2 diffirent sized bearings in the bottom linkage which resulted in the metal bar inside being offset making the rear end unstable. Not a great review of the company but the frame has been great. Shame the service is really lacking !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘My new chumba vf2’ is closed to new replies.