Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • My new (but cobbled together from the parts bin) singlespeed…
  • ronjeremy
    Free Member

…built ready for the SSUK's next month

just got to change the lockons for some green ones i think, oh and it does ride nice

MrSparkle

My 'parts bin' is full of manky old sh1te, yours patently isn't. Good work, fella.

rOcKeTdOg

how's it ride with the big un up front? thinking of something similar for my Wanga

Sum
    Free Member

"…cobbled together from the parts bin"

I've got a parts bin like that. It's called Chain Reaction Cycles.

Tidy looking SS though. What length fork is on it? 440mm?

ronjeremy
    Free Member

RD the big one up front works really well, surprised me to be honest, the Kenda Nevegal on it grips well as well, seems to roll over stuff alot better,
    Sum the forks are Salsa Cromotos which are 445mm axle to crown i believe, i tend to collect bike bits and then one day build something with the bits i have acquired, you know just looking for stuff that might come in useful in the future, the frame was £15 off the classifieds as an example, was thinking of putting an Alfine on it (maybe later)

HowardMoon
    Free Member

Those Cro-moto's are 425mm a/c (roughly equivalent to a 80mm suss fork, though most others are now 440mm) and there's just enough room for a niner front wheel and a 2.35 tyre with an inch or so for mud.

I'm sure it would work just as well with a 440mm, just a teensie bit slacker. but I really like the Cro-moto's. lots cheaper than the carbon ones and almost as supple. Those ones on Ron's Kona used to live on my 69'd Love/Hate before I switched to a proper 29er and got a Karate Monkey.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Ay up mate, shows how good I am with a tape measure, oh and the love/hate that the forks used to live on, now lives along side the unit in my shed as well now, oh just a thought hadn't you better start rebuilding the KM ready for next month?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘My new (but cobbled together from the parts bin) singlespeed…’ is closed to new replies.