Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • My new bike/build
  • hora
    Free Member

Lets see how long this one lasts 8)

weeksy

From a selling perspective or a crack in the seat-tube perspective ?

hora
    Free Member

It won’t crack- its a 2011 model. If it does though it has a 2yr warranty direct from Commencal so Alles klar.

fivespot
    Free Member

Grass needs cutting 😀

rob-jackson
    Free Member

hora – Member
    It won’t crack- its a 2011 model. If it does though it has a 2yr warranty direct from Commencal so Alles klar.

Is a warranty transferable?

hora
    Free Member

It pops the front off things very easily and it doesn’t ride heavy – although to pick up it feels heavy (if that makes sense). Its a cheeky chappy 🙂

Houns

Hang on, I missed you getting rid of the last bike you had, spesh wasn’t it?! I give it 2 weeks

bren2709

Warranties only stand with original owner

hora
    Free Member

(Shrugs) I had the Spesh for 18months. Then it was a SX (4weeks), a C456 (6 weeks). Like everyone, if I find something that I settle with/feel comfortable it stays.

IHN

Like everyone, if I find something that I settle with/feel comfortable it stays.

And when that happens, the devil and I will be having an aerial snowball fight on our flying pigs 🙂

DrP

It pops the front off things very easily and it doesn’t ride heavy – although to pick up it feels heavy (if that makes sense). Its a cheeky chappy

That’s exactly how I describe the Meta to people!

Hope you get on with it – I’ve been happy with various incarnations of mine for 4-5 years now!

DrP

hora
    Free Member

I get on with it- I just need to figure out what the shock does/tune it up correctly. Hardtails don’t need fettling 8)

fasthaggis

Did you get any rabbits with that rear mech cable? 😛

wwaswas

I just need to figure out what the shock does/tune it up correctly

*awaits ‘my shock is broken’ thread*

Twin
    Free Member

I loved mine, then this happened:

All the way around to the other side. It’s still in my shed, can’t bring myself to throw it away.

hora
    Free Member

All the way around to the other side. It’s still in my shed, can’t bring myself to throw it away.

Ebay Europe search alert/wtd ad……… ‘front triangle’/spares or repair frame for sale….

RustyMac

What happened to the sektors you were going to get?

Looks like a fairly sorted setup, you are a brave man with the ardent on the rear in the current soggy conditions, i found it way to unpredictable.

scruff
    Free Member

Loco did a great job on tuning a float r for my meta.

hora
    Free Member

Start of Jacobs was covered in snow with slush ontop- it was interesting. I sent the Sektors back- they knocked very loudly on compression – Louder than when my old Pike coils used to (shrink-wrapped). Not a good start so they went back for a refund. The 05 Z1 FR’s don’t knock 8)

uwe-r
    Free Member

What was wrong with the SX? How does this compare weight wise?

hora
    Free Member

About 1.5lb? Weird- but the SX felt heavy to ride (for what I normally ride) whereas the Meta5 doesn’t feel heavy to ride at all. It also pedals spot on.

Plus ALL the SX’s weight seemed to be centred in one place – its BB. Not a problem if you ride the bike as its intended but a problem if you are a mincing-Jey-****.

Popocatapetl

It would be more useful/less annoying if it was set-up tubeless! 😀
    Don’t forget my new tube pedro!

hora
    Free Member

Doing that tonight…. lecky tape and gloop..

maxtorque

hora Then it was a SX (4weeks), a C456 (6 weeks). Like everyone, if I find something that I settle with/feel comfortable it stays.

I’m not trying to sound rude, afterall it’s your money and they are your bikes, so you’re more than welcome to change / swap as you see fit, but for me, 4 weeks would not be long enough for me to ride a bike to decide if i was for me or not! My c456 frankly felt very inert when i first rode it as it’s pretty slack and very long (20″ frame). Initially that was quite underwhelming tbh, but over the next couple of months i realised that it’s basic stability was infact a good thing, and if i applied enough body english then yes,i could throw it around just like my much more poppy FS bike etc! In fact, having riden it now all winter (since about last july 😉 i recently got out the FS for a spin (the sun was shining!) and it felt, frankly, very short and hyperactive……….

hora
    Free Member

I rode and loved my c456 out of the box (see prev/posts etc where I think bikeradar is wrong). A heavier rider makes the c456 more ‘alive’. I want another but a 16″ (see my various wtd ads) 😉

This atm is my only bike. There will be 2 soon.

Robjackson, renton and mamadirt are my idols 😆

mrblobby
    Free Member

So what happened to the road bike want?

hora
    Free Member

Ribble Sportive

Klunk
    Free Member

Plus ALL the SX’s weight seemed to be centred in one place

would that be the COG ? 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

Ribble Sportive

Nice. So is that 3 bikes then?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Hora you have so much to go to beat me mate! BTW i am same height as you and rode my mates 16″ C456 and it was TINY!

in the last year – MTB’s:
    Nomad
    FTM carbon x 2
    Spesh pitch

Road:
    Ribble sportive
    Caad 8
    Now steel raleigh clubman

new bike every 8 weeks 🙂

hora
    Free Member

😆

Tom-B
    Free Member

No pictures of Benny Hill yet?

Standards are slipping!

hora
    Free Member

Twin- re-examine that frame. I bet down by the triangle (or shock welds) will be more cracks. Theres no way it could at the front like that without more leverage (further back)??

bikebouy
    Free Member

I don’t like the brown saddle, in fact I don’t like brown saddles unless they are seen on fixies and accompanied with cow horns and brown bar tape.

Still, looks pretty good bike that and you are riding it, which in itself is most impressive.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Is that Cut gate? In this weather?!

Twin
    Free Member

I did a full inspection when it broke as I did toy with the idea of trying to get it fixed. Not a mark on it anywhere else. I knew they were prone to cracking near the shock so always kept a careful eye on it, but was pretty surprised when it broke there.

Popocatapetl

“The Beach is this way” 😀

Hora, Pontificating, on Chapel Gate.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘My new bike/build’ is closed to new replies.