• This topic has 43 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • My new bike… Be warned though, it's a bit "marmite" for most! ;-)
  • hughjayteens
    Free Member

Love it! Got an ML7/5 with DUC32s in the same colour and it never ceases to amaze me with its overall ability! The climbing really is amazing, but I spent the day arsing around at Swinley on the jumps and drop offs and it lapped up the black runs at Afan. Certainly never noticed any lockout when standing – it really is minimal.

As an XC rider who likes to do the off bit of freeride, it suits me perfectly. Would like to see how the Durance differs to the ML7/5 as the Durance is the only bike I'd fancy changing it to! Have you ridden both?

mboy
    Free Member

Love it! Got an ML7/5 with DUC32s in the same colour and it never ceases to amaze me with its overall ability! The climbing really is amazing, but I spent the day arsing around at Swinley on the jumps and drop offs and it lapped up the black runs at Afan. Certainly never noticed any lockout when standing – it really is minimal.

Were you at Swinley last Sunday, albeit not riding with the STW posse? If so, I think I saw you when I was getting out of the car to get ready…

As an XC rider who likes to do the off bit of freeride, it suits me perfectly. Would like to see how the Durance differs to the ML7/5 as the Durance is the only bike I'd fancy changing it to! Have you ridden both?

Only had the briefest of goes on an ML7/5, but I used to own an ML7.2. As I understand it, the geometry on the Durance is very much designed around the DUC fork, whereas the ML7/5 and the ML7 were designed around a shorter fork (ie. the SC32). In that respect, the Durance is better, as I ran a DUC on my ML7 which was great for the downs, but did feel perhaps an inch too tall a lot of the time.

Oh, and seat angle is steeper on the Durance too which makes quite a difference IMO. The BB is marginally lower too, which seems to help make it feel a bit more stable.

Said the same about my ML7, the only bike I'd swap it for would be a Durance… Finally did it! 😀

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Were you at Swinley last Sunday, albeit not riding with the STW posse? If so, I think I saw you when I was getting out of the car to get ready…

Yes I was – had my black DUC32s on last week but swapped to some hard ano ones this week. I had the DUC32s on a Klein Palomino previously which was designed for a shorter fork and just ran them with a little more sag than usual which helped out. The ML7/5 seems fine with the longer fork and the Mav certainly handles pretty much everything better than the Palomino.

Do you plan to head back to Swinley anytime soon? I am there most Sunday mornings so would be happy to meet up and give the Durance a whirl if you're up for it!?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mboy
    Free Member

Do you plan to head back to Swinley anytime soon? I am there most Sunday mornings so would be happy to meet up and give the Durance a whirl if you're up for it!?

Bit of a distance from me (about 100 miles) to be fair, but I might come back down sometime… Where else do you ride? But yeah, you're more than welcome to try it out sometime.

Though persuade me that the water and the brake pad disintegrating sand have gone (yup, one set of brake pads eaten the other weekend!), and I might pop back soon enough…

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘My new bike… Be warned though, it's a bit "marmite" for most! ;-)’ is closed to new replies.