Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • My New Bike! (After not riding for a year & having a 2nd baby please humour me!)
  • MountainMonkey
    Free Member

After a year of not riding due to pregnancy and recovering from a c-section, I’ve just been out on my new bike and… I love it! :mrgreen:

Its the new women’s specific Kinesis Maxlight (KM-220L) and it’s ace! I had the original KM210L but it was stolen about 18 months ago and after trying a couple of other frames, I’ve come back to this one. I just can’t beat it in terms of bang for my buck and it fits me perfectly! (Which as a 5’3″ women doesn’t happen often).

So yeah, please humour me by telling me how nice it looks! Oh and any encouragement for getting back out riding and shedding that post baby bump would be greatly appreciated too! 😀

Kinesis by monkey-poo, on Flickr

rOcKeTdOg

looks ace, chain might do with a couple more links though, looks awful tight on the middle of the cassette

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This is a good thing!

As long as it’s the bump that goes and not the bumps

Congratulations all round! 🙂

Duggan

Looks ace tbf

Junkyard
    Free Member

My happiness for you has been tempered greatly by the tyres and logos not lining up

alfabus
    Free Member

Congratulations, and welcome back!

shocking valve/logo alignment though, and the grass is coming through your gravel 😉

RustyMac

Chain looks a bit tight! you got enough links to get the big gear at the back? Valves and tyre logos not ligned up and it looks like you left some of the packing on it at the back there (the horrible black stuff)

All that aside it looks very pretty, all you need to do now is go out there and get it all dirty.

rOcKeTdOg

“packing” is an old tyre chainstay protector innit?

ds3000
    Free Member

Looks like it’ll be good fun.

alfabus
    Free Member

Oh and any encouragement for getting back out riding and shedding that post baby bump would be greatly appreciated too!

Assuming previous picture in the stream is you… what baby bump?

RustyMac

RD It might be but the rest of the bike looks so tidy it seemed odd to have something so scruffy on the chain stay 😉

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Haha, thanks guys – grass through the gravel is nothing, you should see the rest of the garden – tis a disgrace!

Oh and yes, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to pick up on the chain stay protector! I always forget something! Yep, it’s a piece of old tire taped on… oh the shame… 🙄

takisawa2

Nice. Welcome back to the madhouse.

rOcKeTdOg

Yep, it’s a piece of old tire taped on… oh the shame…

woop! i win

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

looks awful tight on the middle of the cassette

You’re right, it does look very tight, doesn’t it. I’m sure it’s not that tight in reality. It seems to work flawlessly anyway, so doesn’t seem to be a problem… mind you, I am a bit OCD about chain cross 😕

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Dogs, Mint Sauce key rings, religion, and moutain bike bell ends are the flavour of the month. Your bike looks ace by the way! 🙂

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

woop! i win

Congratulations rOcKeTdOg!

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Assuming previous picture in the stream is you… what baby bump?

Haha, you’re too kind… as is the lycra that sucks it all in! 🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yep, it’s a piece of old tire taped on… oh the shame…

Hey, just needs some blue zip ties . . . pimp that old tyre 8)

Bike looks fantastic! Many times I’ve had that very frame in my virtual basket just waiting to pull the trigger but it has (so far) eluded me 😉 . Give me a shout if you’re ever at Cwmcarn and need some company 🙂 .

tang
    Free Member

Nice, I like a bit of tight chain.

JohnnyPanic

Nice & looks like it should fly along but, but…
    You got a pedal fetish?

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Hey, just needs some blue zip ties . . . pimp that old tyre

Lol, only you Mamma Dirt!

Glad you like it! Yep, will definitely give you a shout when I’m up to Cwmcarn (barely managing Ashton at the moment, but I’m sure I’ll get there before too long) Be great to see you again and now I’m riding flats we can even swap bikes for a couple of sections – I reckon you’d LOVE it! 😀

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

You got a pedal fetish?

Ha, no. See my ad in the classifieds and you’ll understand! (A long overdue pedal clear out for me and hubby!)

PJM1974
    Free Member

That’s really rather nice that is! The paint job is ace. 🙂

Coyote
    Free Member

Lovin’ the bike. Looks purposeful.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘My New Bike! (After not riding for a year & having a 2nd baby please humour me!)’ is closed to new replies.