• This topic has 51 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Nick.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • My new 456 Summer Season
  • hora
    Free Member

Got to say it again, sorry brant…its more agricultural but I prefer the Summer Season to the Ti456. Plus its a tenth of the price. Want the same weight? Just dont take that 1lb of Dobson’s boiled sweets with you on the next ride..

ton

i owned a summer jobbie.
    i took it on a nice gentle circuit of crossfell and high cup nick.
    i found it climbed very very well. even with me onboard.
    i found it was not too hot descending. 1400mm pikes 2” risers and a 15% stem.
    i felt i was being pitched over the bars.
    i sold it after 1 ride.

Bog
    Free Member

Who cut them hoses, they must have been pissed, stoned or both; I bet you paid them in beer too!

Nice bike.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Twas my first ameteurish attempt, you can cut more off but you can’t stick it back on again, soon got sorted out tho.

RDL-82
    Free Member

@ bog, you trying to say i’m a cheap skate! 😀

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

My god you’ve managed to make that bike look fugly, in fact, incredibly fugly.

Ton – one ride, wow, really tried that one out eh?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Eh there cheeky monkey, that there is Ton’s old summer frame that I bought that you’re calling fugly. Have you seen how big us two are? 😆

coolhandluke
    Free Member

possible a better angle?

maybe not then…

Anyway, I like my bike to ride good as a priority. If it looks good to then that’s a bonus.

hora
    Free Member

Ia that Winterhill looking over to the Pike?

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

to ride good as a priority

Absolutely, but (as someone else said on another thread) there’s a very angry farmer somewhere because the sheep have got out of the field ;-0

AndyPaice
    Free Member

” ton – Member

i owned a summer jobbie.
    i took it on a nice gentle circuit of crossfell and high cup nick.
    i found it climbed very very well. even with me onboard.
    i found it was not too hot descending. 1400mm pikes 2” risers and a 15% stem.
    i felt i was being pitched over the bars.
    i sold it after 1 ride. “

I had a similar experience with a standard 456, but kept it for about 6-7 rides. was a blast on slower/smooth DH sections but when it got fast and technical I just felt as if my weight was way too far forward and really didn’t like that. That was with 2005 66RC forks in 150m setting (i.e. very tall). Not sure if it was the seat angle pushing me forward that I didn’t like, but that shouldn’t affect the ride when standing up should it?

Nick

Took my 456 up Rivi today (first time I’ve been up there, visiting in-laws in Aspull), 3rd ride out on the 456 and it’s still my favorite new bike (ok so it’s the only new bike I have at the moment), riding everthing I came across with, for me, aplomb, which is nice, right up to the bit that the other two walked and I thought I’d ride, no sooner had I made that decision I went over the bars as the front wheel sank into a bog. Bike was fine though (phew) even if I couldn’t hold on the right hand grip very well afterwards I still enjoyed the ride.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘My new 456 Summer Season’ is closed to new replies.