Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • My mtb is knackered as well!
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

Tried my mtb on the road after my road pedals were knackered. Turns out my mtb isn’t too good either. Theres a really stiff feeling when i pedal, i think its from the bottom bracket/ crank area or the rear hub / cassette. Also i cant bring the pedals back in the 2 oclock position after stopping, the chain won’t go back.
    It feels like I’m pedaling squares on in as well, like its impossible to do smooth pedal strokes.

Any ideas? Cheers. 🙂

z1ppy

Could be the BB, pop the chain off & try spinning it.. Though it sounds like it might be the rear wheel freehub, pop the wheel out & see if it can be spun freely.

Tiboy

I’d take the chain off the chainrings and see how the cranks feel then, the back-pedal issue suggests the bearings are well gone!

edit: too slow!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

If it feels that bad the problem should be fairly obvious! Take chain off, spin cranks. Take rear wheel out, spin axle & freehub. Also try pulley wheels but doubt that is the problem.

ozzy38
    Free Member

Mmm interesting got the exact problem myself!BB was fine so has to be the pro2 hub i`ll check that in morning and post the results tommorow….

JohnnyPanic

There was this one time, both my jockey wheels had seized…

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Hmm ok i have hope hubs as well.. lets see what happens.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘My mtb is knackered as well!’ is closed to new replies.