Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • My MP is ok
  • iolo
    Free Member

http://www.northwaleschronicle.co.uk/home/2017/10/12/gallery/mps-offer-universal-credit-claimants-free-use-of-phone-97216/

A man who actually cares about people.

He also helped me get my driving license back after dvla buggered up a medical claim and I was getting nohwhere.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Mine is not alright- swivel eyed facist

Drac

Swap you for an atypical Tory.

deev
    Free Member

Imagine people on benefits were able to get of their arses and go to the local DWP office instead of whining that it costs 55p to phone from their living room. I mean, it’s absurd to expect them to put on some clothes and use their legs. The **** liberties these Tories take. Let the unemployed have some dignity!

Cougar
    km79
    Free Member

55p a minute is taking the piss.

sweepy
    Free Member

The nearest office to me would be over 35 miles, and about a tenner on the train. And I’m not even sure they let you go in and see someone now.

Drac

Imagine people on benefits were able to get of their arses and go to the local DWP office instead of whining that it costs 55p to phone from their living room. I mean, it’s absurd to expect them to put on some clothes and use their legs. The **** liberties these Tories take. Let the unemployed have some dignity!

Tricky when it’s a 70 mile round trip.

matt_outandabout

I was sat chatting with my MSP this last weekend, watching the kids race at Comrie, and discussing his old Salsa soft-tail vs my new Marin. He is well sound, in orange in this pic from last year…

martinhutch

What tyres for ‘getting on your bike’, Tebbit style?

gordimhor

My mp is good.

local DWP office

44 mile round trip, about £8 on the bus

Junkyard
    Free Member

Imagine people on benefits were able to get of their arses and go to the local DWP office instead of whining that it costs 55p to phone from their living room.

Imagine if you were actually able to use the phones in the DWP office [ which have been branded as Jobcentre+ for about 20 years so you have not been in one in that period] that they removed about 5 years ago.

The DWP said it was planning to “bring Jobcentres into the 21st century” by replacing phones in centres as well as Jobpoint machines, which can be used to browse for available jobs.

Instead there will be 6,000 new computers and Wi-Fi access.

A spokesman said: “This is part of a nationwide programme that sees greater levels of individual support to help claimants get back into employment.

“New computers and Wi-Fi access are being installed across Britain’s jobcentres to make sure claimants have the right help to get into work.”

Go into one and ask to use the phone and then post up the outcome.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/jobcentre-whistleblower-warns-helplines-chaos-6736999

Still dont let your clear lack of knowledge stop you ranting

deev
    Free Member

“Also, it is usually poorer households who are least likely to have reliable access to the internet”

Go to the library, they have free internet. Also, 44 mile round trip? So what? It’s not like they have to take time off work to make the trip. Get up at 6am and ride a bike that you can get for pennies off the internet and they’d be there for opening time.

km79
    Free Member

Houns

Ignoring that end of a bell.

I’m currently having the “delight” of this complete eff up that is universal credit. Fortunately I’m not so reliant on it as some are. It is a complete mess, 6 weeks waiting for payment, and they won’t back date it to when my ESA ran out (that someone on that phone line told me they would)

Oh and regarding using WiFi at the job centre, I’m still waiting for my text to verify my phone number to enable me to log on to it, I wanted to connect and use it last Friday morning

What chance have folk got when the government deem a blind, epileptic 62 year old fit for work

deev
    Free Member

For a guy that can’t see, you’re doing a cracking job of reading this thread and chucking out the insults.

ahwiles
    Free Member

Houns – Member

What chance have folk got when the government deem a … 62 year old fit for work

Well, yes?

onehundredthidiot

Mine is a cockwomble managed to total an impressive expenses balance while an msp, despite being just down the road. He may well bankrupt Westminster.

bodgy
    Free Member

My MP is kind of good at appearing to do stuff for his constituents, but doesn’t really actually do all that much. But hey-ho, that’s Oliver Letwin for you.

kelvin

Imagine people on benefits were able to get of their arses and go to the local DWP office instead of whining that it costs 55p to phone from their living room.

Good luck. When you get there, you’ll be told to ring for an appointment. When you go back the following week to attend the appointment, you’ll be told to ring the helpline on your own phone. Fun.

RichPenny
    Free Member

40% of people claiming Universal Credit are working.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Go to the library, they have free internet

which generally has to be re booked because its full of people using it to do their universal job match searches ad you can only get one hour slots

Its not possible to do – which you would know if you had any expertise in this area.

Your every posts highlights your lack of knowledge and basic humanity

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

My MPs a bit of a smarmy git.

A Tory one down the road really impressed me though. In June his constituency had one of the highest percentages of people unable to vote (due to postal vote and records cock ups) in the country. He kicked off with the Tory local council and his fellow MPs saying it wasn’t democratic, the election was null and void etc. even though he’d won the seat and his party were in power (sort of). I give full respect to him for that and I didn’t vote for his party.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Deev to stand at next election!
    He’ll learn ’em

joshvegas
    Free Member

Deev for unemployment that’ll learn him.

kimbers

Drac – Moderator
    Swap you for an atypical Tory.

+1

RichPenny – Member
    40% of people claiming Universal Credit are working.

This too, despite the stock Tory answer of , ‘best way out of poverty is work’, there’s more more people under poverty line in work than ever before.

epicyclo

kimbers – Member
    …This too, despite the stock Tory answer of , ‘best way out of poverty is work”….

A truism, but where is the work for the people the DWP are deeming fit for it?

Even in times of full employment (ie actual full working week type jobs, not a collection of zero hour contracts) there was bugger all work for most of the disabled.

nickc

Mine’s a cardboard cut out Tory.

kerley
    Free Member

Tory *** for my MP. He has been MP for 20 years, starting at 50% and has gone up every election with last election getting 66%. He must be doing a great job keeping the self entitled happy.

Voted against gay rights, voted for fox hunting, voted against laws for equality and human rights

I really must move.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Lib Dem MP, genuinely cares about the town. Always on local news and has been trying to get the Transport Minister and Unions to sort out the Southern debacle. Much better than the cardboard Tory we used to have who only came on TV after she’d been stalked on FB by some nutter.

nickc

From “They work for You”

Craig Whittaker’s voting in Parliament

Craig Whittaker is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.

However, Craig Whittaker sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as: oooh, tell us more

Craig Whittaker consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. ohh, I see, is it not a good idea to find out what went wrong?

Craig Whittaker consistently voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Hang on, you represent Hebden Bridge…

Craig Whittaker has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. hmmmmm

edlong
    Free Member

Pro fox-hunting, pro Brexit Tory who lives at the other end of the country (wasn’t expected to win the seat, previously safe Labour, in 2015) and has very little presence in the constituency.

zippykona

Mine is a **** and once I’ve finished with my revolution he’ll be hanging from a lamp post.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘My MP is ok’ is closed to new replies.