Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • My MP is a lying, opportunistic pillock. She'll go far…
  • v8ninety

Jumping on the band wagon of ‘nasty messages attacking pro Syrian bombing voting MPs’ she published a ‘death threat’ that she received on her Facebook page. Unfortunately for her, she wasn’t cunning enough to completely fabricate the message, instead she just embellished one to make it look far worse. Amusingly, the original sender spotted this and published the original, non threatening message. Gotcha!

lying Tory, surprise.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I’m more shocked that Telford has a tory MP than I am that said tory is a liar. 😐

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

A bloke from Harrogate is my MP. (Andrew Jones)

Totally out of touch with anyone outside of his political persuasion. I sent him an email asking a few pertinent questions, (a bit sarcastically maybe, but still topical & pertinent) & got an even more sarcastic one back but which answered none of my questions.

If i was an alien with blue blood I’d never vote for the tories.

binners

My MP is a homophobic racist, who’d struggle to find his constituancy on a map. He’s rabidly anti-EU, listed as the Tory MP most likely to defect to UKIP, introduced a private members bill to bring back hanging, and made us all proud of him by trying to make the world a better place.

I’ve tried to work out how he could possibly represent my views less? Maybe he supports Liverpool?

Pigface
    Free Member

Mine can’t survive on 90k a year poor dab, utter twunt

nickc

Mine had a fight with his own son at a petrol station, and voted against same sex marriage while “representing” the good folk of Hebden Bridge… 🙄

You honestly couldn’t make it up

jambalaya
    Free Member

So a totally fictional person complained about the MP posting a composite thus partially fictional message ? Just asking.

@CFH you need to title your threads in a more populist way 😉

Lifer
    Free Member

Mine is the chairman of a ‘defence’ corporation

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

if this is a pissing contest for who has the worst MP, I’m in with a shout. Ive got Boris.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Banners I’ve recently had the “pleasure” of swapping correspondence with your MP regarding his fillibustering of the bill regarding first aid training in schools.

He has been sarcastic, arrogant and dismissive and clearly is very happy to abuse parliamentary procedure to further his own agenda at the expense of the democratic process.

I share your low opinion of him.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

you need to title your threads in a more populist way

No. I just need a more learned audience. 😉

Northwind

Mine’s alright! A gay QC, she became an MP basically by mistake after running in what most folks thought was a safe labour seat and now she’s the party’s Justice and Home Affairs representative. Usually that’s a job that instantly turns you into a fascist nutsack but she’s resisted so far. And she answers emails and that, which is also good. Don’t know if she’s ever actually achieved anything in the role but considering we used to have Malcolm Rifkind all she has to do is not be a total **** and it’s an upgrade.

bigblackshed

Is my MP?

A: Jessie Norman, a Tory who managed to forget where he lived whilst filling out his expenses claim, repeatedly.

Or B: Comedy character Tim “Nice” But-Dim.

binners

Boris – I often wonder how on earth we ended up with such as an odious little turd as our MP. What with his thumping great majority of 110 votes.
    Then I go to my local pub and listen to the knuckle- draggers at the bar blaming the ills of the country on ‘****’s’ ‘****’ and ‘Queers’ and it all becomes clear. He represents their views perfectly!

Depressing. 😥

midlifecrashes

Mine shagged John Prescott to get the job.

v8ninety

Jambalaya – Member
    So a totally fictional person complained about the MP posting a composite thus partially fictional message ? Just asking. V8ninety I’m gonna effing kill you if you point out that I’m wrong yet again

Just saying. 😉

Lifer
    Free Member

😆

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Then I go to my local pub and listen to the knuckle- draggers at the bar blaming the ills of the country on ‘****’s’ ‘****’ and ‘Queers’ and it all becomes clear. He represents their views perfectly!

You need to find yourself a pub with pitched roof.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Give the woman a break that story is days old and she has apologised. This is what she has said :

“I created a misleading impression, for which I have apologised”.

Of course to no ones surprise, I’m sure, Jambalaya seems to be suggesting that she hasn’t done anything wrong – although she thinks she has.

ononeorange

Ours swarms in in her huge Range Rover surrounded by hard men and shifty looking losers once every five years to collect her renewed mandate then disappears off again until the next election. I doubt she knows where the constituency actually is and certainly makes no pretence of representing it.

crankboy
    Free Member

It wasn’t a totally fictional person it was a real person using a pseudonym, just like you do.
    It was not a composite it was a real message to which she created a fake ending so a deliberate lie. If she had received an actual threat she would have published that.
    So Jam apart from those two factual errors your post is valid as an opinion re the thread title.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

“I created a misleading impression,

Politicians are good at that.

scaredypants

It was not a composite it was a real message to which she created a fake ending so a deliberate lie. If she had received an actual threat she would have published that.

Yeah, can’t believe she wasn’t challenged to show the other message with the “unless you die” line

If it happened at all it was probably waaay out of context – e.g. “you’re lucky to be in a constituency where you’ll keep being re-elected whatever you do, unless you die”

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

They were all the correct words but not necessarily in the right order.

Cougar

Wasn’t that the MP for Morecambe?

v8ninety

Seems to apply to an awful lot of MPs, judging by the replies above. Sad state of affairs. The actual MP I’m talking about is the MP for Telford.

nickc

Mine’s Craig Whittaker, his voting record is enviable 😆

always votes against welfare spending, voted against tax raises on salaries above £150,000, always votes for bombing brown people, always votes for increases in VAT, voted against a bankers bonus tax, votes against removing hereditary peers from the HoL. consistently votes for less local govt funding from central govt, but at the same time always votes against increasing local govt. powers.

At least he knows who is bosses are though, I guess. 🙄

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Isn’t he representing the views of his constituents? If not he’ll get voted out, if he is the you have to accept you live in an area where your views are a minority.

But lying mp’s need to be exposed, but it’s upto the voters to boot them out. If you don’t like your mp and feel there is no alternative then run yourself!

jam-bo
    binners

Yeah we ended up with a Tory, after the local labour party covered itself in glory

atlaz
    Free Member

“I created a misleading impression”

Isn’t that what most people call lying?

TBH, if you have MPs of any party resigning for stretching the truth or outright lying, you’d have few politicians left.

v8ninety

if you have MPs of any party resigning for stretching the truth or outright lying, you’d have few politicians left.

Few of the current batch maybe. But would that be a bad thing? Maybe, if we summarily dismissed the proven dishonest ones, it may encourage a bit more honesty? Just because they are accepted as ‘mostly liars’ now, doesn’t mean it couldn’t change.

binners

Seems like she’s managed to tick every box on the ‘Typical Tory MP charactature ‘ checklist there

oliverd1981
    Free Member

MPS should be chosen at random from the electoral roll

Easy

AlexSimon

Hmmm 2 scandals in a couple of weeks. Not sure she’ll shrug this one off.

edlong
    Free Member

Ah, sortition, an important element of democracy as originally conceived by the Greeks, and in principle a very, very good idea.

However, many of us that have served on juries have experienced the drawbacks of this – mainly that you put important decision making powers in the hands of people who shouldn’t be trusted to adjudicate on whether they want to “go large” at McDonalds.

footflaps

Not sure she’ll shrug this one off.

Surely it’s an instant promotion to Cabinet?

v8ninety

Surely it’s an instant promotion to Cabinet?

I really would not be surprised. There’s a local feeling that she should step down (although disgustingly, she has the local rag in her pocket apparently), but I disagree; far better that she presents herself to the electorate next time and she can be held to account for her dishonest and unpleasant conduct at the ballot box in this EXTREMELY marginal constituency. I’m going to remember.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘My MP is a lying, opportunistic pillock. She'll go far…’ is closed to new replies.