Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • my money not good enough for ebay?
  • Todchester
    Free Member

Hi is any one else having problems with ebay. I have put in a max bit of £40 for an item and bin told I have been out bit at £ 28? When I try and raise my bit to £41 iit says I’m out bid again but still shows £28 as the highest bid. Am I being simple pressing the wrong button or somthing? Or do thay just not like the colour of my money ?
    Thanks for your help in advance 🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

No, that’s right – you still haven’t placed a bid higher than the previous high bidder so keep trying, eg, if the highest bidder’s (hidden) max bid was £45 then you’d have to bid more than that to appear as the current winning bidder (if you were to bid for example £65 then you would appear as the winning bidder but the item price would only go up to the previous max bid of £45. Hopefully this explains it better than I can.

nealglover
    Free Member

No, that’s right

Not if it’s happening as he has described it isn’t.

The bid should increase to £1 more than he has bid, and tell him he has been outbid.

That’s what what he said was happening.

Northwind

Have you got a link to the auction? Any chance it’s an internet caching thing or something?

Todchester
    Free Member

Thanks that explains it. It’s a pritty daft system though shorley you would show the highest bid placed?
    Thanks for the info mamadirt id have been scraching my head over that all night.
    P’s. Did it change recently or did I just missed this on previous bids? D

Todchester
    Free Member

Vaterra slick rock there’s only 2 on ebay. Can’t understand why I’m not shown as the highest bidder?

Todchester
    Free Member

Internet caching?

Todchester
    Free Member

So iv done it old school and signed out and then in again and now I’m the highest bidder again? But I can’t see what my max bid for it is now. Did it put in a new bid or stay the same?

pictonroad

Sometimes it takes a while to catch up showing the highest bidder but it does seem to log it all.

Todchester
    Free Member

So its just my phone being slow ill be more careful in future.
    …..”I don’t know we can send a man to the moon but we can’t do anything as simple as give a quik response to a telephone the size of my hand thats surching the www from a wireless signal in a victorian foux castle sending and reciving mesage from the other side of the world” …… ” I don’t know” … old man grumble. …..
    🙂

Northwind

If you’re the highest bidder, it’s also logged 2 previous bids from you- so it’s like it was throwing up an erroneous “outbid” but actually accepting your bids?

Eh, I have just bumped your bid up slightly, on the basis that there’s no way that’s selling for this ballpark anyway, and it all worked as normal here. Ebay’s got some sort of systemic issue right now where it sometimes shows completely wrong information- the splash page that says “we’re suggesting X because you bought Y” keeps showing items I’ve bid on but not won, as if I’d won, frinstance… All pretty trivial but I wonder if this is connected.

jb72
    Free Member

I used to find my mobile’s browser did weird stuff when bidding on ebay. Use the ebay app instead.

spooky_b329

eBay app seconded.

Northwind

Agree with that- I hate all this app stuff and I always churlishly push back against it but the ebay one is very good, whereas browsing ebay on my phone otherwise is awful.

Did you win? I know nothing about rc cars but I want one now…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘my money not good enough for ebay?’ is closed to new replies.