Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • My mobile call made a friend get on the wrong train in London and ended up in York…
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

Now heading back to Peterborough…

Should I pick him and give him a lift home or just go to bed?

He’ll be back by 0030 hrs or something.

nealglover
    Free Member

Whut ?

scaredypants

is he unable to think and talk at the same time ?

**** him – he’s probably already forgotten what happened 😉

scotroutes

Does he have to stand?

martinhutch

Ring him in half an hour. He’ll get off at Grantham.

johndoh
    Free Member

Did you hypnotise him over the phone? Clever.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

LOL

He’s got my number if he needs a lift home.

I’ve jumped on the wrong tube but not on the wrong train!

My yapping distracted him so I feel bad and his wife will kill him.

Ok off to sleep.

transporter13
    Free Member

Bravo 8)

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

That’s brilliant!

Your friend really is a plank and you should remind him of his daftness at every opportunity

bigG
    Free Member

Is he in first class without the right ticket? Tell him to stand his ground and stand up for his working class principles..

wallop

A friend of mine ended up in Watford (in her car) whilst trying to get home to Cardiff Uni from Alton Towers.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I know a stupid relative in the 1960’s who drove north instead of south from Birmingham after attending a wedding.

His destination was Stevenage.

My old man (drunk in the back) was woken up at the service centre for cash as the car was running out of petrol near Bradford…

My friend did make it home and has successfully used the correct train this morning and whinged about standing up.

johndoh
    Free Member

There is also the story about some posh woman (was it Tara Parker Tomkinson?) who ordered a cab to watch a Chelsea match and was driven half the way up the M1 before someone realised they were on their way to Stamford Bridge near York.

No idea if this is a real fact though.

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

We once got on a train in Holland, headed for Amsterdam from Den Hague, ended up in Utrecht…..
    I had a good excuse though…

lemonysam
    Free Member

I was once travelling from carlisle to london changing at Newcastle and jumped on the first East Coast train I saw.

I had a lovely weekend in Edinburgh though.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Lol

globalti
    Free Member

I knew a London taxi driver whose colleague picked up an American at Heathrow. The American wanted to go to Stratford so the cabbie drove him all across London to Stratford E15. When they got to the Mile End Road the cabbie asked the American whereabouts in Stratford. “Why, the BIRTH PLACE of course!” replied the American.

So the cabbie took him to the maternity hospital.

I had a colleague who picked up some overseas visitors at Manchester airport and set off for the factory, talking all the while. After an hour or so one of the visitors asked him: “Er, your factory is in Bury, Greater Manchester, right? So why are we almost in Leeds?”

This story is true at least.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘My mobile call made a friend get on the wrong train in London and ended up in York…’ is closed to new replies.