Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • My mech keeps picking fights – and loosing
  • mmel
    Free Member

Hello

I’ve just ordered my 3rd rear mech in the past year and it’s starting to get me down 😥 I have a thing for the rapid rise XT ones and when all is well they work just great. Problem is they seem to have a thing for sticks and wrapping themselves up in the Piglet’s rear wheel, taking a few spokes out for a laugh.

Am I just unlucky or should I be looking into those fancy pants shadow types and ditch my love afair with rapid rise.

Ta

andyl
    Free Member

Alfine? Might be cheaper at this rate! Or can you fit a mech protector? not pretty but might work.

mmel
    Free Member

Oooh, Alfine, not thought about that. I’d have to run a little chain tensioner with a drop out frame wouldn’t I?

zerocool

or buy cheap mechs

andyl
    Free Member

you would and you would be limited to double front rings if using the alfine sprung tensioner or single ring with any other. If you can I would go with a BB mounted tensioner and 1×11 alfine on the rear. Not going to be a cheap conversion though. CRC were doing Hammerschmits for half price too in the sale but still 😯

andyl
    Free Member

you would and you would be limited to double front rings if using the alfine sprung tensioner or single ring with any other. If you can I would go with a BB mounted tensioner and 1×11 alfine on the rear. Not going to be a cheap conversion though. CRC were doing Hammerschmits for half price too in the sale but still 😯

jekkyl

*losing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘My mech keeps picking fights – and loosing’ is closed to new replies.