• This topic has 86 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • My mate brought one of these to the pub last night…
  • Jeezus wept – 5.0l V8 Supercharged, 510 horses, 625 torques, 0-60 4.6 seconds.

He took us for a quick spin and it truly is awesomez – £70 grand though. It obviously has lots of gadgets (including motorised air vents that open when you turn it on), but also a heated steering wheel – WTF?

He has the normal diesel version at a paltry 270bhp, but got lent this one for the day by his Jag dealer

leggyblonde
    Free Member

what the hell is a torque?

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Heated steering wheel was great for me when we had the cold snap 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

Grrrrr baby, very grrrrr!

There’s no such thing, it’s a Clarkson’ism

Nm’s, or lb/ft if you want to be pedantic.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

It looks ok for a new Mondeo.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

That man is a fool!

1 Nm doesn’t equal 1 lb/ft. Manufacturers have started listing Nm for torque cos as it’s a bigger number for the same twisting force.

Nice car though!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Will be better value for money in a year or two’s time when it has lost over 1/2 – 2/3 of its value.

I can assure you Gary – there’s not a lot resembling a Mondeo when you get anywhere near it.

I never said 1Nm = 1lb/ft, although I didn’t clarify what the 625 was – sorry, it’s Nm

organic355
    Free Member

who the hell buys a £70 grand car in the bloody pub?

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I know you didn’t, it was a Clarkson criticism 🙂

625 is lots!

WTF you on about organic – ‘brought’, not ‘bought’.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Maybe the drink makes it look better.

LHS
    Free Member

[kid mode] had a (cough) small drag race with one out of the M6 tolls a few weeks back, they sound lovely[/kid mode]

organic355
    Free Member

WTF you on about organic – ‘brought’, not ‘bought’.

ahhhh.

poppa
    Free Member

I’ll give you £20 for it.

What were you driving LHS?

Yes they do sound lovely.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

It’s a ten pinter.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I’d say 12.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I’m not a heavy drinker…

LHS
    Free Member

Got a Focus RS 500…for sale at the mo if anyone wants it?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Is it better looking than a Mondeo?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Yes.

The engine points in the right direction too, not like a Mondo

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

5.0l V8 Supercharged, 510 horses, 625 torques

I bet your mate’s got a huge carbon foot print

He might be disappointed by this though :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2292143.stm

Spongebob
    Free Member

5.0l V8 Supercharged, 510 horses, 625 torques, 0-60 4.6 seconds.

the sort of information that appeals to cocks!

£70k new, £25k in a couple of years (or less).

May just as well just Sellotape a bunch of £50 notes together and use it as bog roll.

Cars – boring!

LHS
    Free Member

Cars – boring!

As per the superbowl thread, you seem to be the enormously boring one. Why don’t you click on a thread that actually interests you? 😯

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It’s no good having an opinion if no one can see you having it.

Even if it makes you look unreasonable.

Spongebob – Member

the sort of information that appeals to cocks!

It appeals to me.

I’d be very interested to know if you’d stand face to face with somebody and make the same statement.

You’re welcome down the local for a pint if you fancy it?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

My dad is harder than all of your dads put together!

Did you just call my pint a puff Gary?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

bit pointless if you ask me – the are no legal roads you can drive it and go fast enough for it to be fun – might as well have a dedicated track-day car and something comfortable and not a huge drain on the environment.

poppa
    Free Member

No, I’M the hardest on the internet.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I get why people like cars, but they offer no real interest to me. Due to someone crashing into my wife’s Polo, I’m presently driving a 60-plate Megane. I don’t find it any more enjoyable to drive than my 15 year old van. All the gadgets and lights are just distracting too.

Maybe I need to spend 70grand to find something I’d appreciate?

angeldust
    Free Member

A few bitter and jealous comments on here.

Some people have the cash available and are prepared to accept hugh costs/depreciation to have a nice new car. Good luck to them! Some people dont’t want a better value second hand car, and can afford a new one. Not sure why some people are so bitter about it (perhaps the fact that they couldn’t afford it new is the problem in some cases…).

Also, someone has to buy these new in the first place for there to be any in the used market 2 years down the line! Otherwise there won’t be anything for you to buy and revel in your cheapskatedness!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

It looks like a 70 grand Mondeo though.

kwack
    Free Member

lovely car – each to their own, outsiders could look at us cyclists and say why spend £3k on a push bike when you can get a Asda special for £80.

I get the whole car thing being a bona fide petrolhead, love cars, bikes, MTB as well

poppa
    Free Member

I guess i’m a happy medium sort of person. I genuinely don’t think i’d be happy with a very expensive car. All that expense, effort, man hours and resources, just for a slightly more pleasant driving experience. I’d die of lefty guilt. 😥

If I could afford something like that, I’d have it, although not necessarilly that particular car.

I’d just buy one 6 months old and let someone else take the hit.

hora
    Free Member

I’m a petrolhead and whilst I was waiting for the pic to load I read the text and thought……ooo what can it be. It appeared and I thought ‘Jaguar’. Right.

Not a fan at all.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘My mate brought one of these to the pub last night…’ is closed to new replies.