Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • My left leg part 2 the mad max year!
  • Speshpaul

Hello
    just a little up date from last leg post
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/my-left-leg
    I’ve now got hinges! Went to see the consultant yesterday, all good news in terms of progess, but he’s talking about a year to get any kind of recovery, arse!
    Even thought about selling my bikes last night, but the way prices are going i’ll never be able to buy back what i’ve got.
    Still its not the end of the world (just feels like it)

solamanda
    Free Member

Good luck, stick with riding, you will feel depressed for a while but you’d regret selling bikes alot! A friend managed to do a similar injury to the bottom of his leg, (effectively snapped his foot off at the bottom of the leg!). He was up and riding after an extend recovery period, stronger and faster than ever.

mrsflash
    Free Member

All the best for a speedy recovery.

Speshpaul

Cheers;-)
    Paul

benjag
    Free Member

Jebus! hope the recover goes well and keep the bikes, you’ll only regret it.

maxlite
    Free Member

Speedy recovery ….and remember half the enjoyment of bikes is just looking at them

domino

Ouch, speedy recovery. A friend did his tib and fib last May, he did a tentative road ride at Christmas and is back walking up mountains now (gently). His ortho was pretty happy for him to turbo train from July-ish. Good luck with your recovery.

markrh
    Free Member

Hi Paul, good luck with the recovery. I’m just getting back on the bike after six months off with a broken hip, all i can say is keep the faith and stay positive.
    Is your son still cycling? I think it was your good self who bought a bike off me a few years ago, we met at junc 13 stafford?
    mark.

Speshpaul

thank for your kind words
    I had a chat about turbo trainers with the consultant yesterday, he was very keen on the idea, but no for a few months. Nice steady load.
    I thought about flogging the bikes so i could buy something new when the leg was better, as a treat incentive. Maybe 18 months ago, now with prices going up the way they are i won’t have the cash to buy new again.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘My left leg part 2 the mad max year!’ is closed to new replies.