Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • My LBS and Silverfish are gentlemen and scholars of the highest order
  • IHN

So, the pedal thread came loose on my RF carbon cranks. My second hand, 2009, RF carbon cranks.

When I discovered on Saturday what had happened I popped in to see Jim and Sean at Independent Bikeworks in Cirencester to confirm what I thought, i.e. that the cranks were ****.

They agreed that they were and, totally unprompted, offered to speak to Silverfish to see if anything could be done. Long story short, just had a call from Sean to say that a new crank arm is waiting at the shop, supplied free, gratis and for nothing by Silverfish 🙂

Top work all round. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, Independent Bikeworks is an excellent shop. Cheers fellas.

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

I’ve had good experience with silverfish me self
    I bent a rear triangle on a Mondraker foxy but had no warranty (second hand frame!) but I emailed them explained the situation and they sent me a second hand one that they had lying round for absolutely nowt!

bencooper
    Free Member

Yup, Silverfish are top guys – years ago, I put up a post on Bikebiz, as I had a titanium LH crank that had snapped, and I needed a new LH crank with the square taper oriented square not diamond (if that makes sense).

A couple of days later, a brand new Raceface crank arrived in the post from Silverfish, completely free.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Awesome. Thanks Gents.

I’m going to bath in the glory of this praise for a few more minutes until the inevitable happens and we get slagged off again 🙂

Seriously though – we do try our best. We’re all riders ourselves and we understand how important your bikes are to you so it makes me feel great when we’ve got it right and people recognise that.

Thanks all.

Richie

IHN

Richie – if you wanted me to really love you, you could send a matching RH crank arm too, ‘cos the replacement one has different graphics to mine 😉

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

How about a sticker IHN 🙂

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Top job and interesting when we have lbs/trade/mark up threads. Shows how much value an importer/distributor can add to a brand, when I’m one of many that has suggested its a flawed business model when stuff can be bought more cheaply direct/grey import. Suddenly doesn’t seem like such a “rip off”.

IHN

How about a sticker IHN

Is it attached to a RH crank arm? 🙂

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

My 09 Hummer is never been a rip-of.Love to beable to get hold of a set of red 05 decals they would look great on it.Great frame. 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Silverfish sorted me with a reduced price crash replacement handjob about 8 years ago when they had no obligation to.

Any stickers going free?

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Is it attached to a RH crank arm?

No of course not, how would the ‘yuff’ get the stickers onto their school books if they have a big cumbersome crank stuck to them. Nooo, this one’s even better, it comes attached to a lovely little piece of shiny white paper.
    Its far more convenient . . .

variflex
    Free Member

good old Richie and the silverfish guys.
    sorted me out via my lbs within 5 days for a yeti rear triangle failure.
    it does prove one of the arguments about using your lbs and how important their relationships with distributors is

fudge9202
    Free Member

Ordered an e-13 trs dual from descent gear for £70 was told they had none so they ordered one from distributors Silverfish for me. What arrived with them was a trs+ so they sent it back to Silverfish. After much disappointment it emerged that Silverfish only had the trs+ at £149.99. Amazingly Steve at descentgear picked up the difference in price as a courtesy and Silverfish sent it direct with a free e-13 t-shirt. Amazing Customer Service in my eyes!
    Cheers Guys.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘My LBS and Silverfish are gentlemen and scholars of the highest order’ is closed to new replies.