Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • My last "what fork" thread, I hope…Lyrik's or Pike's?
  • stevied
    Free Member

So I’ve been looking for some new forks to go on my 6.6 and have narrowed it down to either the Pike RCT3 or Lyrik RC2DH. I was looking at 170mm Lyrik’s but, after doing some of the bigger hitting stuff last night, I’ve found I was only just using all of the 160mm travel on my Van 36’s so I’m now thinking I might get away with 160mm Pike’s to save a bit more weight..
    Most of my riding is on the Malvern’s with regular uplift days at FoD and some weekends away in Wales. I’m 14st fully loaded and think I’m quite a smooth rider and don’t tend to do big jumps.
    Which of the two would you recommend? I’m leaning towards the Lyrik’s as both my wheel sets are 20mm but can change both hubs to 15mm (I think..Pro3 AM4 and Mavic DeeMax)

gonzy
    Free Member

save yourself a load of cash and go for the Marzocchi 55CR instead!! 😉

james
    Free Member

afaik 55CR’s will save you a load of damping internals too. But won’t save you any weight

Deveron53
    Free Member

I used to have some Lyriks on my old Nukeproof Mega and loved them. Now I’ve gone 29er I was waiting until something close to them came along and now they have… Pikes.

twohats
    Free Member

As someone who’s just gone from RC2DH Lyriks to Pikes, I would recommended Pikes…

craighill
    Free Member

got a set of pikes rct3 160’s on my covert, I have 25% sag when seating, around 30% in attack position, both tokens in and 65psi and 14stone, I have never used all the travel yet, about 10mm off, that’s doing regular trail riding and upto 5-6ft drops, yet to use them on a full on dh course, but I will be this summer and have every confidence they will do a brilliant job.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘My last "what fork" thread, I hope…Lyrik's or Pike's?’ is closed to new replies.