Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • My last day at work – I've waited a year for this!
  • Kit
    Free Member

My final few hours working for these ****! In 6 weeks I start my MSc and hopefully a new career – been patiently waiting a year for this day to come around. Poorer, yes; happier, yes 😀

So do I leave a shit in the filing cabinet or something before I head out the door?

EDIT: swearfilter picks up "ryhmes with bankers" but not shit? Mmmmkaaaay…

iDave
    Free Member

a couple of king prawns somewhere

wwaswas

I always try and leave places on good terms – it's amazing how freuqently you come across the same people in 10 years time.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    amplebrew

Unscrewing the external cover from a wall heater / radiator then putting some fish behind it is always good and hard to find 8)

crazy-legs

Just spend the final few hours fantasising about what might have been with the mystery commuter.

She's probably reading this thread too and thinking it'll be safe to resume her original route soon…

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

Get your knob out stand on the desk and beat your chest

ourmaninthenorth

I left my last place on good terms, even though I loathed it. I now need their help in a big way, and so am glad I didn't burn any bridges.

trail_rat
    Free Member

edit – wtf – i replied to the car disk brake cleaner thread – and it came into this thread ! forum FAIL

FuzzyWuzzy

Don't people normally take their last day/week/month off 'sick'?

Kit
    Free Member

I have absolutely no intention of leaving on bad terms – I will need a job reference from them next year.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Dump on the MD's chair.

What's the MSc? Always interested in career-changers, I've been working at this one 10 years, I need another.

Kit
    Free Member

MSc in Carbon Capture and Storage at Edinburgh Uni http://www.geos.ed.ac.uk/masters/ccs_info/ . Currently a geotech/environmental engineer selling my soul to build tiny overpriced boxes for people to live in.

Currently waiting to hear if I'm going to get funded, but been working the last 9 months with a part-time job too to save up. Been hard work but I'm hoping it will be very much worth it!

Solo
    Free Member

PMSL at Trail_rat.

😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Get your knob out stand on the desk and beat your chest

If you can beat your chest with your knob, may I suggest the Adult Film Industry may be more suitable than Higher Education, at least until you've saved a couple of million quid up?

ChrisL

Best of luck, Kit!

I had a struggle keeping the sandwich I was eating in my mouth when I read PeterPoddy's post. 🙂

PiknMix
    Free Member

Nice one Kit, I sacked it all off after 6 years with Panasonic to return to Uni and do my MGeol. Best thing I ever did.

Enjoy your last few hours and keep in touch with people as you will need them at some point down the line 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘My last day at work – I've waited a year for this!’ is closed to new replies.