Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • My lads going climbing!
  • globalti
    Free Member

I plan to start climbing again when I retire to Scotland aged about 63. My only problem is that my brother borrowed my kit and managed to get most of it stolen; we had a bit of a barney over that when it came back incomplete.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Although I’d been messing around on boulders and easy scrambles since being a little ‘un, my Dad first took me “proper” rock climbing when I was a young teen and he was nearly 50. I never caught up with his skill and strength and he’d probably still out-climb me now he’s 76!

I do sometimes miss climbing, but it’s just another of life’s leisure activities that was sacrificed to raise a family.

IainAhh

I should have said that when I go with my kids 9 & 11 we just go climbing. I give them tips & a bit of instruction. They aren’t keen on competitions or the clubs (at the moment). Emma started when she was 5. We just vary what they are doing and go to different places. They currently like bouldering and do a bit of lead climbing with a backup top rope. Obviously if you don’t know what you are doing get some lessons. The classes I have observed have been very friendly and good.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    aracer
    Free Member

I used to think a bit like that – though that was back in the day when there were only a handful of climbing walls around and most of them were a bit rubbish. My ambitions are still to get up in the mountains (or at least on a proper outdoor crag), and I’m hoping for that to happen this year as the group I’m in with are doing that, but then I’m currently really enjoying going to the wall. Mind you I like the adrenaline rush of leading (I seem to have the ability to ignore the fear when necessary – not quite got back there yet having had almost a year off, but whilst outside is different I was almost leading the same grade as I could top rope at the wall) even when I fell off going for the 3rd clip and almost met my belayer as I lifted him off the ground.

Marin
    Free Member

Give it a go yourself. Good way to help fitness. It’s a vertical gym. I was climbing with a 72 year old in the Alps this year. He’s bloody good and still totally feeding his rat.

chojin
    Free Member

Climbing is ace – Give it a go!
    Take your daughter and her new boyfriend, it might help stave off any aspirations of horizontal climbing they might have too.

Cougar

Take your daughter and her new boyfriend, it might help stave off any aspirations of horizontal climbing they might have too.

… and ensure they’re handy with knots and ropework.

redthunder
    Free Member

For everything you want know about climbing…….you only need to watch Vertical Limit 🙂

Igmc 😉

For a proper laugh, read this…
    https://unreasonablydangerousonionrings.com/2014/12/08/i-watched-vertical-limit-again-so-you-dont-have-to/

Ps i thought the film was a right laugh….wheres the nitro?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘My lads going climbing!’ is closed to new replies.