Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • My jaw hurts, whats wrong?
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

About 3 weeks ago I got hit by a motorbike in morocco, smacked the left side of my head on the road, knocked out, some sort of bleeding in my skull etc.

My jaw on the left side of my head has been hurting slightly when biting down hard, Ive noticed it for the last 2 weeks but its not been painful at all really, I wasnt bothered by it.

In the last couple of days its got worse and now hurts quite a bit when chewing.

Any ideas what is causing this?

clubber
    Free Member

Doctor asap!

retro83
    Free Member

In the last couple of days its got worse and now hurts quite a bit when chewing.
    Any ideas what is causing this?

sorry to be a smart arse, but this?

About 3 weeks ago I got hit by a motorbike in morocco, smacked the left side of my head on the road, knocked out, some sort of bleeding in my skull etc.

Taff
    Free Member

prob a fracture. get to A&E now!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Well yeah, I spent a week in hospital out there, they never mentioned anything. Took scans of my skull and allsorts, my docs has seen them and whatnot.

Infact my jaw may not have even been hurting for the three weeks since i had the accident, Ive just noticed it starting to hurt these last few days.

If its a fracture, what will the docs be able to do? Its my jaw, i cant not use it, i guess it would jsut heal over time and I'd have to lay off the 'Jaw Breaker' Gobstoppers

project
    Free Member

See a dentist then.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I had a general check up at my dentist last earlier this week, my jaw wasnt bothering me at the time so didnt mention it. He never said anything looked wrong in my mouth

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

A&E

NOW!!

Davy
    Free Member

Just change your will so that your bike goes to me, then ignore the pain.

Or go to A&E, explain what happened, and I'm pretty sure you'll be checked out before all the other's in the triage area…

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Have you been giving head to any particularly large men since you got back?

That can do it.

DT78
    Free Member

Enjoy the 5 hour wait to be told nothings wrong.

If you've got a drop in centre I'd go there first for some advice. I got sorted and stitched up in under half an hour last time I needed medical attention at a dropin. When I went to a&e last I had a 5 hour wait for a broken scaphoid to not be diagnosed. I'm not bitter at all…..

samuri
    Free Member

Have you been giving head to any particularly large men since you got back?

That can do it.

Yeah, some of the guys I know complain of jaw pain.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘My jaw hurts, whats wrong?’ is closed to new replies.