Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • My intentions for a homespun Exposure style light
  • STATO
    Free Member

A Diablo is 100g, joystick about 80g, that THING is pushing 700g! rather you than me.

cp

Battery life measured in seconds?

onandon
    Free Member

Not sure why you’d bother. The power wont be as much as expected. The battery’s won’t be as good as expected and the beam will be too tight with no spill.

If your money so crack on.

julianwilson
    Free Member

A mate has one as a normal torch as opposed to bike light.
    +ve: it is stupidly bright (no way 15000 lumens of course, and seems reasonably well made for a dealextreme typre light, better made than my solarstorm.
    -ve: fairly tight beam. Massive! (Way bigger than the largest exposure bar lights) and will have less battery life than one that uses 18650 cells will last longer if you get better quality cells for it. However if you can get a foot/cleat and exposure bar mount that might be an ok way to mount it, and you won’t need to bend very far at all to rest your chin on it for warmth on cold rides. 😉

welshfarmer

Bit like this 🙂

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt8aAy_8Ub4[/video]

mos

I see your points.
    Maybe I’ll look for a lighter lamp

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Buy cheap buy twice?
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/exposure-joystick-mk10-with-helmet-and-bar-mounts/
    I’d just get the 800 real lumens, a nice light with the mounting kit, charger that won’t explode and a really nice weight to put on a lid 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What others said.

I bought a “Oneeeeeeeee billlllllllllllllllionnnnnnnnnnn lumennnsssssssss” DX light last year, it was so bad I binned it and raised a dispute through paypal.

I’ve had no problems with ‘known’ lights from DX. But the cheap/gazillion lumen lights are a whole new level of poor quality. If you want a near setup, buy a reasonably good looking lamp (XT40?) form a reputable seller, and route the cable neatly either through redundant guides on the frame of if you’re feeling brave drill some new ones to a small homemade battery pack, with decent batteries in it.

jairaj

Have Exposure bought their prices down? I always liked their stuff but just thought it was massively overpriced. But that new Joystick seems like a reasonable price. 800 lumens, in a well made package with a great beam pattern for £130 doesn’t seem that bad.

STATO
    Free Member
    trail_rat
    Free Member

“+But that new Joystick seems like a reasonable price. 800 lumens, in a well made package with a great beam pattern for £130 doesn’t seem that bad.”

and add in great support from a uk company that stands behind their products.

yes ive heard the horror storys but we are an all exposure household after the odd occasions we have recieved above and beyond backup im inclined to think that we dont get the full story when folk are moaning on here. – and free charging/light exchange at 24 hour events (hand in my discharged and borrow their charged light till mines charged) + they support the uk bike scene pretty darned well.

Ill continue to go to them first when i need lights.

I bought a maxx D and a joystick 7 years ago – and both are used all the time and still work brilliantly and get near full run time.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Just get an exposure light. Mine died a few weeks ago. I thought it would be terminal. Less than £20 and three days later it was fixed and I got a new charger into the bargain.

ssboggy

Outlet store doesn’t seem very cheap, I just paid £140 for a Mk6 Diablo from Leisure Lakes as opposed to £180 from outlet store 😕

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘My intentions for a homespun Exposure style light’ is closed to new replies.