Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • My insurer won't insure my new bike! So who should I bin them for?
  • MadPierre

I’ve been insured with the same company (The Pru) for house and contents insurance for years – mostly because having my bikes on the policy has always been hassle free in terms of cover and changing bikes etc – until now!

This time when I tried swapping a bike over (for new dream 5K bike) they said none of my bikes was actually insured for more than £1500! I was obviously not happy about this having paid premiums for named and valued bikes over this for many years. I have now established that they will be covered for more than 1500 and I can keep my existing bikes with them but the new one can’t go on the policy! Crock of sh*te isn’t it?

So they don’t seem to want my custom any more and will wave my cancellation fee when I sort new insurance….

Reading around it seems M&S might be my best bet? That still the case? Any others I should be looking at for house + contents + collection of expensive bikes (currently 5 in number)?

clubber
    Free Member

M&S for me – don’t even have to declare the bikes explicity up to £4k though obviously your £5k bike would fall outside that so you’d presumably have some extra to pay.

Only tip is to cancel and renew every year to get the best prices.

jonathan
    Free Member

I was with M&S (very good cover, but getting very expensive) and am now with Hiscox (still good cover for bikes at home, but not as good as M&S away from home, but saving a few hundred quid). Might be worth a go.

coogan
    Free Member

M&S

skiboy
    Free Member

M&S, again

momo

M&S here too, had to name my main bike as value >£4k limit, didn’t add too much to the policy to do so either.

MadPierre

Just took out a policy with M&S and it saved me 215 quid a year!

Cheers folks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘My insurer won't insure my new bike! So who should I bin them for?’ is closed to new replies.