Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 177 total)
  • My iDave experience
  • Earl
    Free Member

Been on a loose iDave diet for the last month (loose as in I had 2 pieces of peanut butter and banana toast this morn)

Lost 3kg so far.. but the best thing is that I’ve noticed my stomach has strunk and I cant physically eat as much in a single sitting as I used to. Nice feeling.

wrecker
    Free Member

my stomach has strunk

??? Go to the docs quickly

donsimon
    Free Member

Been on a loose iDave diet lifestyle thingummy

😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

good work 🙂

have you emailed him to say thanks? not enough people contact him to say thanks considering he’s probably emailed out hundreds of copies out for free despite it being his way of earning a living dishing out such advice

Earl
    Free Member

Good point – I will.

The big thing for me – above the classic Atkins diet (which I never actually tried) is the inclusion of beans/lentils etc.. Turns out I really like them and I assume it keeps the carb craving away as I am genuinely satisfied with eating small portion of rice/spuds/pasta in my off days.

don is right – it really is a lifestyle thingummy more than a diet.

Cant see myself dropping more than maybe another 2/3kg in the long run but at least it will help me prevent blowing up as I continue down my middle age journey

tails
    Free Member

I think his email is broken as I emailed him with no reply, plus he said on here it got hacked.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Glad it works for you. It stopped working for me after about 2 weeks and about the loss you found, and it was very hard to do with my lifestyle so it slipped.

hora
    Free Member

From what I can gather hes not having a goodtime at the moment?

slimjim78
    Free Member

wanna hear my experience?

lambchop
    Free Member

2 stone lost in 10 weeks of iDave light. I say light as I have one piece of granary toast every day for breaky with my scrambled eggs (gotta have toast) Refried beans with either curry marinated chicken legs or pork chops for tea on weekdays, monkey nuts and dark chocolate for snacks in the day. Weekends I eat the same as the family, so roast dinner, curry, spag bol, chilli etc but keep the starchy carbs to a minimum and use brown basmati, wholemeal pasta and if it’s spuds then just one or two. I feel great and look sooooo much better. Thankyou iDave!

ton

3 and a bit stone gone here.
    4” off the waist 5” off the chest
    lower bmi reading by 6.

idave is awesome…….which he already knows. 8)

Earl
    Free Member

1stone = 14lb = 6.3kg

So….
    2 stone = 28lb = xc bike
    3 stone = 42lb = dh bike

nice!

ton

going for a 5 stone weight loss if i can manage it.

grum
    Free Member

Well done ton!

I’m not doing the iDave diet but I’m eating low GI (which is similar but less strict) at the moment and losing weight and feeling great – really enjoying the food I’m cooking too.

slimjim78
    Free Member

im still £250 worse off.

no refund, no reply.

Mooly
    Free Member

continuing the praise I have lost 1/2 stone in 3 weeks. TBH I haven`t been sticking to it religiously just trying to eat pulses, meat and veg mainly. Plenty of soups and salad included. Also loads of flatbreads made with gram flour.
    I still have a cup of coffe in the morning with milk and sugar. the odd beer now and then etc.
    Cheers Dave.

soobalias
    Free Member

sorry to hear that slimjim78, hope you get that sorted.

grum
    Free Member

im still £250 worse off.

no refund, no reply.

Ouch. Under ordinary circumstances STW would be getting the pitchforks out but iDave is like god round here. 🙂

surfer
    Free Member

Grum

What does a low GI day look like for you??

I know I could google it but interested in how it works in the real world.

grum
    Free Member

surfer – yesterday:

Breakfast – Two bits of wholemeal toast with butter, marmite and two poached eggs
    Half a grapefruit
    Lunch – wholemeal pita with hummus, carrot, cucumber and cherry tomatoes
    Dinner – Mumtaz Lamb Karahi with another wholemeal pita

The day before:

Breakfast – Wholegrain Mini-wheats and a mango yoghurt (not strictly low Gi because of the sugar)
    Lunch – Falafels (some breadcrumbs in so not strictly low GI) and Hummus and a bit of salad
    Dinner – Delicious spicy bean burgers with salad, homemade salsa and tsatsiki and a wholemeal pita
    Snack – about 50g of dry roasted peanuts

Tuesday was similar but with a really nice big marinated beef and vegetable stir-fry for dinner (no rice or noodles but brown rice would be fine), and oat cakes for snacks. There was a Toulouse sausage and butterbean casserole recipe on the BBC website which is fantastic too and fully low GI and even iDave friendly I think.

Bacon and scrambled egg either with no toast or wholemeal toast would be fine for breakfast too. Or smoked salmon and scrambled egg?

I want to try and get it so I eat a bit less carbs/bread and more veg – but I’ve felt great and the weight is disappearing reasonably rapidly (I don’t have scales but my belt is a lot tighter and I look thinner after about 2 weeks). I also generally feel less hungry than when I was eating much more food which included lots of pasta, bread, white rice, drinking squash etc.

slimjim78
    Free Member

iDave is like god round here

not in my household.

If a refund ever appears, demi-god perhaps

miketually
    Free Member

I need to say thanks to Ton for his baked beans ‘recipe’. I make it with added chorizo and lentils. It’s lovely.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Have you checked your junk e-mail?

metalheart
    Free Member

I’ve lost around 20kg in the last 4 months.

I’m back down to below the weight that climbing hills on the road bike is enjoyable rather than just plain hard work. So much so that I’m off to the alps soon to ride some of the classics. This is something I really couldn’t have contemplated previously.

My (rock) climbing has also seriously improved.

So thanks iDave. I’m owe you one.

Anybody got a non-biffer idiet?

grum
    Free Member

What’s tons baked beans recipe?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What’s tons baked beans recipe?

It’s even been on twitter (last night I think).

Sign in, check out @miketually, it’s there (in around 7 or 8 tweets). Immagonna try it this weekend.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Anybody got a non-biffer idiet?

I’m a non biffer and follow a diet…

soobalias
    Free Member

is that a diet or a lifestyle yeti? be honest now.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Hmmm… it’s kind of about move more and eat less. So maybe it is lifestyle related.

TSY 8.7% BF.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You don’t eat less though.

Wait till you’re in your thirties. 😀

legspin
    Free Member

TSY 8.7% BF.

91.3% BS. 😛

wrecker
    Free Member

Hmmm… it’s kind of about move more and eat less. So maybe it is lifestyle related.

TSY 8.7% BF.

It doesn’t work and your current BF% means nothing, particularly if you’re not even 30 yet.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

91.3% BS.

😆

la, la, la…

you’re not even 30 yet.

He’s only just hit his twenties for fleck’s sake.

Earl
    Free Member

yeah Slim – hope it gets sorted.

oddjob
    Free Member

I’m with Slim.

Good diet though

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I am in my 30s having… I just haven’t hit puberty that hard.

And wrecker… I’ll let the Doc’s and Research Scientists decide that I think. 😛

singletrackmind

TSY .- Do you get your body fat checked with caliper type thingys by someone who knows what they are doing ? Or one of those electrical resistance machines ?
    Just wondered what mine is and where to get it checked properly.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

singletrackmind – I had it measured this morning on a DEXA scanner at the Churchill Hospital in Oxford. They want more volunteers… do you live in Oxfordshire?

frepster
    Free Member

TSY, I live in Grove.

How can i volunteer for it?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You got an e-mail address?

It’s with these guys… http://www.ocdem.ox.ac.uk/about-ocdem

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 177 total)

The topic ‘My iDave experience’ is closed to new replies.