Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • My husband has stolen the Liteville 301…other options please?
  • NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

What type of terrain do you tend to ride? Is 120mm travel enough on 27.5″ wheels?
    New Turner flux comes up pretty light. Uses DW link same as Ibis etc so will climb like a goat and I expect it descends pretty well…
    Frame weight 2.57 kg in small

Frame Size Top Tube Seat Tube Head Tube Standover Wheelbase Weight Rider Size
    Small 22.6″ 15″ 3.7″ 29.0 ” 43.4″ 5.67 lbs = 2.57 kg 5’2″-5’6″
    Medium 23.5″ 17″ 3.7″ 30.0″ 44.3″ 5.75 lbs

Head Angle 68°
    Seat Angle 73°
    Chainstay 17.4″
    BB Height 12.8″
    Headset 44mm
    Shock 7.25″ x 1.75″
    12mm rear axle

ahsat

What type of terrain do you tend to ride?

Anything from Glentress red/black to Northumberland cross country to big Lake District/Scotland all mountain days (well I walk the big drops – not great getting front wheel off the deck) to the Quantocks. 2013 we rode Zona Zero in Spain and 2015 we are hoping for some Alpine singletrack.

Thats why it needs to go both up and down.

Sounds like a might need to find a Turner to demo – either that or a burner. I dont really know how 27.5 is going to work tbh. Despite a PhD in colouring in (Physical Geog) I am a bit rubbish on bike tech. Tend to switch off a bit!

If you’re after a Medium we have both in that size available to demo

Thanks Drover for the info.

wrecker
    Free Member

Nice bikes, but very different to a more active design like a Horst.

ahsat

Arghhh…brain hurts! Need to try a couple of things I think.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

At 5’9 you’re the same height as my other half and she recently got an alloy Santa Cruz Solo/5010 in size medium. Has a non-fancy build with hope hoops, slx 2×10 groupset, RS 140mm revelations and a reverb. Not sure on the weight of it but it’s WAY lighter than my Commencal and that is 1×10 with some light bits on it.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Does the 26 out back alter stand over and BB height much? For the better? I’m really trying to talk myself out of buying another w35 in 26

Still too early with the 27.5 for a proper assessment Vonplatz.

It would be for the better, as the BB is sky high anyway

Yes the BB is high on the 301 HobNob, but it’s still the most competent technical descender I’ve had. Also means that I smash the bashguard into stuff marginally less frequently now 😛

boltonjon

Ha ha – I have a Liteville – love it

If you were my wife, i’d positively encourage you to have a Liteville

Come and be my wife and buy a Liteville

Win, win, win situation 🙂

ahsat

At 5’9 you’re the same height as my other half and she recently got an alloy Santa Cruz Solo/5010 in size medium.

Thanks Paul, thats interesting to know. Looking back at it, 5010 defiantly looks worth another look.

Come and be my wife and buy a Liteville
    Win, win, win situation

Thanks boltonjohn, such a kind offer! However, doesnt really solve the problem…you also own a 301 so I think I’ll stay with p20! 😛 😛

chickenman

I am finding this thread very disturbing.
    (my Liteville was stolen in September). 🙁

ahsat

🙁 Hugs chickenman – not cool!

mudmonster
    Free Member

The 301 looks great, but I don’t have to think about bearings with my turner. Just a squirt of grease every so often. I’ll probably get the next flux incarnation when it breaks.

P20

So far, I haven’t had to touch the bearings on my 301

boltonjon

Mine is 2.5 years only and i’ve replaced the main pivot bearing once

Very durable machine 🙂

ahsat

Update: demo of Spitfire and Scout booked with the fab Pedals in Edinburgh for early Feb. Will look at a Santa Cruz demo as well if I can; but looks like a trip to Stiff.

chiefgrooveguru

Update: demo of Spitfire and Scout booked with the fab Pedals in Edinburgh for early Feb.

Try changing the dropout positions when you have the Spitfire – it’s a simple 10 minute job and it really changes the vibe of the bike. I run mine low/slack for uplift days (and in the winter because it’s so great at two wheel drifts like that) and neutral most of the year (more pedal clearance and a bit more nimble on our tight local trails).

I haven’t tried it in high/steep yet (with a 160mm 27.5 Pike it’s 65.7/66.2/66.7 HA and 342/348/354mm BB height in the three different settings). Make sure the rebound is quick enough (especially if you’re light) because it’s a bit of a straightlining bomber if overdamped – if you let it spring then it’s easy to chuck around yet so stable it encourages silly behaviour. Have fun! 😀

ahsat

Try changing the dropout positions when you have the Spitfire

Great, thanks for the advice.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Ashat, Are you in Edinburgh? My GF’s in Edinburgh too. Are you a member of hervelo by any chance? could probably sort you out with a quick demo of a medium SC Solo….if she she’ll let anyone else touch it 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘My husband has stolen the Liteville 301…other options please?’ is closed to new replies.