Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • My heroine
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

See Independent p18-19

Julie Burchill is the Queen of Flame!

On losing her virginity to Tony Parsons: “It was a nasty, brutish and short (though not short enough) shag, to which I responded with mild dismay, ap though someone had trodden on my toe”

TuckerUK
    Free Member

You look up to people who broadcast past liaisons in all their gory detail? Hmmm.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Lily Allen apparently called Ms Burchill a ‘bitter old troll’, so I can see why Al idolises her… 😉

CountZero

Burchill is a vile, bitter old hag. She’s never written a good word about anyone but herself, and she was rubbish even when she was writing for the NME. She was one of the reasons I stopped reading it in the 70’s, when the writing was about the writers and their opinions and political stance, and bugger-all about the music, unless the music happened to correspond with the political opinions of the writers.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If you see that as heroic, you have exceedingly low standards.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you admire someone who is still bitching about a past relationship that ended abut 20 years ago…one in which she left leaving her child behind
    Of what little I know of her I find her quite vile

MrWoppit
    Free Member

My heroine…

Julie who?

qwerty
    Free Member

heroin is a mugs game

cynic-al
    Free Member

Look over to the right…yes that banner…

“IRONY DETECTOR SERVICING: 50% OFF”

Oh she might be a bitch but Tony Parsons is definitely talentless.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So is tea.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ah, the TJ defence.

cynic-al
    Free Member

TJ’s never done that.

FFS she is clearly a bitter old troll, but you have to admit, she is the queen of flame.

MrSparkle

She needs slapping if for the voice alone.

DrJ

She is a hideous old hag but respect sticking it to that non-funny bloater Dawn French.

Garry_Lager

She’s a great journalist, v funny on her home turf. Showing chinks in her hag-armour there though, she absolutely resents the hell out of Tony Parsons’ success as a popular writer, even now. If Parsons is a bland a writer as people say then I guess that makes it all the worse.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Oh she might be a bitch but Tony Parsons is definitely talentless

he may well – no idea abut him or his works tbh

she is the queen of flame

Apparently she is quite good at insulting people and you admire this useful life skill why exactly
    PS Surely the irony is you getting flamed for admiring her flaming skills?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Drunkyard, she’s funny, something many on here don’t appear to understand.

konabunny
    Free Member

Probably a better candidate for heroine status than some shagged-out troll.

cynic-al
    Free Member

YOu know I never thought this thread would become a magnet for self-righteous humour-hoovers.

Junkyard
    Free Member

drunkyard – well she would do better than that I assume.
    She has a child with a man and decades later she is still slating the father of her child [ who presumably the child loves having been brought up by him] in the press.
    I dont see anything to admire tbh and she comes across as bitter and not really able to let go of things.
    Personally I find it all a bit sad though I can see why you see her as a kindred spirit but I dont.

rexated
    Free Member

YOu know I never thought this thread would become a magnet for self-righteous humour-hoovers.

This is STW.

brakes
    Free Member

my heroine

brakes
    Free Member

EDIT: /end of thread

konabunny
    Free Member

she’s funny, something many on here don’t appear to understand.

Humour In Not Universally Shared Shocker!

She’s a great model for sustainability, though. She’s managed to get three decades of material out of what she did in a brief period of the late 1970s…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘My heroine’ is closed to new replies.