Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • My Heart issue, how long….
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Before I get some results.
    Had the pain just before Christmas, that was just stress.
    They did test me and found my left and right Ventricle were out of sync.
    Wore the hospital heart monitor a few weeks back, and now I've got to go to hospital next week for a treadmill test.
    But I've not had anything in the way of test results.
    Did think someone might say something to me as it's been four months since they said my heart was faulty, which was a bit of a bombshell.
    So I'm going on as normal half expecting to explode whilst out training.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

that was just stress.

hey, stress is the killer, forgot about that cholesterol nonsense!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No news is good news. If they had found anything life threatening you would have been contacted and dealt with by now. So long as youa re not getting chest pain I wouldn't worry too much.

When you go in for the treadmill test ask about your results – they will have your notes with all the results to hand

uponthedowns
    Free Member

If it was me I'd have been rattling cages long before now.

How faulty is faulty? Hopefully its not urgent which is why you've not been prioritised.

On the bright side you've probably had this for ages and survived quite happily so a few more weeks probably won't make a difference but then I'm not a medic.

Supafemale
    Free Member

It's true – no news is good news..if they'd discovered anything else to be worried about they'd have contacted you. Yet I understand the lack of contact can't be giving you piece of mind either – im with Tandem Jeremy when you pop in for your treadmill test ask for more feedback then.

btbb
    Free Member

I thought my chest pains were due to stress and was surprised after going to see the doctor to get referred to a consultant. The pains have gone down a bit after a rest from work for a few days but I'm still getting twinges. In my case the waiting for an appointment didn't help the already stressful situation.

I've got my treadmill test on Thursday which will be the first bit of exercise I've done since early December.

Hope your tests go well

StirlingCrispin

If in doubt – call the hospital.

I had an experience a few years ago where the consultant did some tests. I heard nothing so phoned to query – the secretary was 6 weeks behind with her typing.
    I then got a letter calling me into hospital within days for urgent surgery…

Good luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘My Heart issue, how long….’ is closed to new replies.