Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • My great white hunter skills are failing!! Mice taking the pee!!!
  • wingnuts

Every now and then we get a mouse visiting the the cupboard under the sink sniffing about to see what we haven’t managed to get in the bin. I notice the droppings and put out a trap with chocolate on and in the morning we have a stiff micky. Nothing for another year or so. So a couple of days ago I recognised the signs and got some Yorkie and set the trap. I open the cupboard to see the chocolate gone and the trap not sprung. Next day I set two. Same result. Bait gone traps not sprung. Test traps and they work fine. Day three the little sods have fed themselves again. Seems my only hope is that they get fat enough to set the traps off! Apart from that or they elephant gun anyone got any legal solutions

bruneep

Yorkie?

Try peanut butter

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sudocrem.

Or napalm.

Probably Sudocrem though.

fasthaggis

Try peanut butter

^^This ,and set your traps up right you amateur 😉

senorj

Ghost mice?

orangeboy
    Free Member

Peanut butter and a tin cat mouse trap. It’s a live capture trap and will catch more than one at a time

big_n_daft
    Free Member

get a humane trap and put peanut butter in it

wingnuts

I’ll try the peanut butter but I have had a 100% kill rate till this little effer arrived so less of the amateur!!

timber

Increase spring, adjust trigger. Mine required a very steady hand to put down, especially on a flagstone floor. Baited with a raisin, good success rate, although the delicate trigger claimed my fingers just as often.
    Wouldn’t be wasting Yorkie in a trap.

welshfarmer

Maybe this little guy has moved in 🙂

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dRSsnbvfVY[/video]

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Peanut butter – grease your trap pins and set it in a corner or space where they can only approach from the front (I don’t even need to top up the Peanut butter little gits get nailed before they get it) in our house we have traps that are rated like conkers I have a sixer

hairyscary

Rather embarrassingly a mouse got the chocolate from a trap without setting it off, while reloading the trap I managed to set it off and trap my finger.
    Outwitted by a mouse 🙁

jambalaya
    Free Member

The sticky caramel from top of a mars bar works quite well, mice are pretty adept at gently eating stuff like chocolate without setting the trap off hence the need for something sticky.

The world has no shortage of mice but up to you if you want to buy a humane trap just make sure you release them far from the house

lightman
    Free Member

I had a small infestation a while ago and caught them all with a glass and peanut butter –
    http://www.instructables.com/id/More-Handy-Tricks/step17/Catch-a-Mouse-With-a-Jar-and-a-Nickel/

Cougar

Small mice / babies aren’t heavy enough to trigger some traps. I’ve taken to half-pressing the trigger plate (hold back the spring obviously) when setting until it’s right on the edge of snapping.

Also, peanut butter.

jamiep
    Free Member

peanut butter too. But if chocolate is used, melt it onto the trap so a hit and run isn’t possible

wingnuts

I’m back in the zone. Not having any peanut butter I set the trap with chocolate last night. This morning one trap unsprung with bait gone and the other had rewarded me with a small but stiff body! All recommendations will be considered if there are any signs of any other vermin poking their snouts about.

natrix
    Free Member

Nutella works well in our house

globalti
    Free Member

Just employ a cat, agree terms and leave her to it.

Holyzeus
    Free Member

As above it’ll be a young one, peanut butter smeared on so they have to work for it
    I fed them for two days with cheese and chocolate till I worked it out recently

forzafkawi
    Free Member

We had mice in a previous property and I had a similar problem to you – bait gone and trap not sprung. Then I created a channel with old books so the mouse could only approach from the dangerous end and had a lot better success.

You have to move the trap/s around as well as I found they seemed to avoid traps that had previously killed in the same position. The best (most permanent) solution however is poison from eBay. They take it to their nest and feed the offspring (which are many).

Cougar

That’s a point. They’re wall-huggers, put it perpendicular to the wall with the business end up against the skirting.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘My great white hunter skills are failing!! Mice taking the pee!!!’ is closed to new replies.