Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • My good deed for the day.
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Just found a dead cat on the road which hadn’t been there long, had to double back then hazards on to stop traffic on busy dual carriageway. Pulled him off road and called the owners, waiting 15mins with cat until owners arrived.

I can almost feel the weight of the angel on my shoulder.

woody2000

So, you risked your life and risked causing an accident for a dead cat? Good work….. 🙄

camo16
    Free Member

A good deed, so chapeau for that.

Wonder if the drivers on the busy dual carriageway watched you stopping traffic and murmured the same collective thought: ‘now there’s a guy with an angel on his shoulder…’

loddrik
    Free Member

Yes I did. As an owner of three cats I’d like to think someone would do the same if one of mine were in the same situation.

loddrik
    Free Member

I guess it’s something only cat owners would appreciate.

Traffic was held up for 10 seconds not 15 mins btw…

boblo
    Free Member

Good work Loddy, that’s someone’s pet not just ‘a dead cat’. <sigh>

restless
    Free Member

Poor cat. Good job it had a phone number on so you could ring the owners.

I found one once. It was fresh as it hadn’t been squashed yet.
    I asked a passing policeman what I should do with it, he got out his car, poked it with his foot and said I should make a curry.

I had to leave the cat in the road as I had no idea what to do with it. I was only about 16.

yunki
    Free Member

my other half lost her glasses last week.. on the day that we went to the opticians to pick up the replacements, I noticed an unusually fresh and large horse poo in the road..

mrs yunki was nearly in tears when she finished screaming at me for running over ‘that poor injured cat’

RobHilton
    Free Member

As an owner of three cats I’d like to think someone would do the same if one of mine were in the same situation.

From experience I’d rather not see the remains of my squished kitty (poor Hidey Turps Infinity 😥 ) and make the assumtion that it’d run off with another cat to start a new life together – just like Mrs Mandalay Danvers did.

loddrik
    Free Member

If rather give them a space in my garden than them be repeatedly run over by cars…

They are close family members in my book.

rewski
    Free Member

If rather give them a space in my garden than them be repeatedly run over by cars…

well said, the gutter is no place for pet nor beast.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

A good deed indeed.

Nice one, it’s someone’s cat. At least they will know what happened to the poor thing and deal with it as they see fitting rather than letting it get slowly spread over the road.

Cougar

Good work, sir. Think you.

RobHilton
    Free Member

If rather give them a space in my garden than them be repeatedly run over by cars

As would I; I would have buried it and would like to think others would do likewise, not show it me 😕

RichPenny
    Free Member

emma82
    Free Member

We used to live in a house on the side of a busy road with just a small patch of grass at the front, no garden fence between us and the path. One morning after a very late night an old lady knocked on the door and said ‘I’ve found a dead cat, it was dead in the road opposite your house so I assume it’s yours so I’ve put it on your flower bed’. I was waaaay to manky to care so just grunted something quite rude and slammed the door shut. We then had no less than 6 people knock on the door to tell us our car was dead. The only ones I didn’t want to slap we’re two little boys who were quite visibly upset. After that the father in law came round and took it with him when he left. Always felt bad that whoever owned the cat would never have known where it went to but at 19 with a stinking hangover I blamed the silly bint who dumped it in my garden.

maccruiskeen

Just found a dead cat on the road which hadn’t been there long, had to double back then hazards on to stop traffic on busy dual carriageway. Pulled him off road and called the owners, waiting 15mins with cat until owners arrived, Informed them that had tasted of chicken.

🙂

Someone had similar good intentions with one of our cats long ago, but unable to contact us they opted instead to lay it out on the village war memorial. When we happened across it it was frozen solid.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘My good deed for the day.’ is closed to new replies.