Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • My glasses didn't survive the spin cycle
  • eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Note to self…don't put glasses in dirty cycling jersey and wash for 90 mins at 40 degrees….

So i'm after a new pair, preferably with interchangeable lenses. Any recommendations, thanks.

FuzzyWuzzy

Oakley Radars if you'll be more careful in future, otherwise cheapy DHB ones from Wiggle. I have both and the Radars (even the unvented lens) suffer from misting a lot less but it's up to you whether that's worth paying £100 extra for.

atlaz
    Free Member

I buy the cheapest I can find. I usually clear through a couple of pairs a year what with me driving away from a ride with them on the roof of the car, getting them chipped by rocks or, most recently, running over them with my bike after fixing a broken chain.

TimP
    Free Member

If you are after some Bloc Shifters, let me know, about to put some on the Classifieds…

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

My oakleys went through a full wash cycle and only suffered a small lens scratch and some paint loss on the frames.

The mobile wasn't so lucky….

dmiller
    Free Member

I have some of these (i think – their website is confusing!) that I got for a £10… They work fine and it doesn't matter when I lose them!

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=G1010

David.

matt_outandabout

I buy the cheapest I can find.

Our centres issue Uvex work glasses with helmets and gloves now for MTB rides – they buy them at 99p a pop from workwear/safety retailers. Tried them myself a couple of weeks back and not as bad you might think.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

don't try doing the same with a nokia smart phone either

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘My glasses didn't survive the spin cycle’ is closed to new replies.