Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • MY GFs Bday tomorrow and we are snowed in – cake help please
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Right its her birthday tomorrow and we have no cake – i can cook but have NEVER made a cake.

I need a recipe for a chocolate sponge or similar – any hints/tips?

ebygomm
    Free Member

First thing, have you got a cake tin and ingredients?

The bbc recipes website is quite good to search through if you’re looking for a recipe that matches the ingredients in your cupboard.

paulos
    Free Member

check out jamie oliver website, recipes are spot on, if nyc cheesecake’s on it do that its ace 😛

singletrackmind

Eggs , flour , sugar , lemon juice , butter in te fridge ??

Lemon Drizzle cake ahoy

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

A basic cake is simple to make. Just find a recipe and go. If in doubt add more chocolate

xherbivorex
    Free Member

no real help, but i’d never baked a cake until last week when i made a pineapple gingerbread upside down cake and it turned out perfectly; all i’d say is follow a recipe to the letter; quantities of ingredients, method and cooking time all as your recipe says and you’ll be fine!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

As herby says, follow the recipe. This is fairly crucial in baking – moreso than in cooking. Good luck.

igm

Mud tyres and a rucksac ought to get you to the shops if all else fails – they may of course be shut.

Naranjada
    Free Member

2 minute microwave sponge pudding …2oz flour, 2oz butter, 2oz sugar, 1 egg. Cream the butter and sugar, add egg and mix in, add flour and mix to smooth consistency. Lightly grease a Pyrex bowl with butter, pour in mixture, 2 mins in microwave on full power et voila! Simply loosen the sponge edges with a flexible knife and turn out onto a plate; add ice cream or custard to taste. Or make a toffee sauce …butter and muscavado sugar. Or make a chocolate sauce with butter, a little sugar and cocoa powder.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘MY GFs Bday tomorrow and we are snowed in – cake help please’ is closed to new replies.